Saturday, April 12, 2014

Proverbs 15:8 - Pray!

You know you're in trouble when you wake up thinking, "Can I squeeze a nap in today?"  Or "I wonder what time I will be able to go to bed tonight?"  These days are just tooooo busy for my liking.  But I'm thankful for the strength to be able to be up on my feet and accomplishing things that need done.  I do need to remember to be mindful to listen to the Lord so I don't miss any opportunities to be Him to others in the busyness of these days.  

Last night He woke me at 3AM and said, "Pray!"  My first question was, "For who?"  His response was, "Pray!"  So I did for quite awhile.  I prayed for different ones the Lord brought to my mind.  Sometimes I wonder why He wakes me to pray without telling me who I am to pray for.  That doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't it be more effective if the prayers I send up were specific?  When I think about it, maybe there isn't anyone for me to actually pray for but instead He is seeing if I will be obedient.  Or maybe my prayers are for someone who I don't know and they don't have anyone to pray for them.  Maybe they don't know the Lord but through what they are going through they will come into relationship with Him.  Proverbs 15:8 reads, The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked but the prayer of the upright pleases him.  Maybe they are crying out to Him yet don't fully know Him.

But with at this in mind I think about how He can calm the seas in storms so why does He need my prayers….  I still think when He wakes me like this it is for me not someone else.  It is to see my obedience.  It is for my faith to be deepened.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!


Dear Jesus,
You know what is on my plate today but I don't want to do anything that is not what You desire of me.  Father, would You please open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed so that people will see You in me?  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Want To Please.  Amen.

No comments: