Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Psalm 98 - "How Great Thou Art"

The Lord took me to Psalm 98 this morning. This Psalm is one that encourages us to praise God. Matthew Henry discusses God giving us a 'new song' when we accept Jesus into our heart. I was thinking about how God gave me a 'new song' yesterday. I was struggling yesterday morning with everything seeming to go wrong. 'Little things' like not being able to find my bottle of water I had just opened became 'big things.' Walking from one room to the next and not remembering why is a common occurrence for me but yesterday morning it happened multiple times in a short time frame. Putting on a shirt only to find it had stains on it, toe nail polish being messed up, schedule being changed...the list goes on and on. I did two things. First, I asked for people to pray for me. Second, I reminded myself none of these things made a difference in my spiritual life unless I allowed the enemy an open door. When I finally got in the car to leave, I saw a Dunkin Donuts gift card someone sent me and that put a smile on my face. God gave me an awesome day with a fun time making crafts for shoeboxes with Marion, a visit with Rhonda, a visit with the Nestor Family, multiple conversations with my Momma, and getting home from the day before dark. He gave me a 'new song' because I was open to it. He provided me exactly what I needed throughout the day. Psalm 98:1 reads in The Passion TranslationGo ahead—sing your brand-new song to the Lord! He is famous for his miracles and marvels, for he is victorious through his mighty power and holy strength. Woo hoo! I love this! God performed a miracle yesterday in my life by turning a 'trying' time into a blessed one. He performed a miracle in the way He took the tears that fell and used them to heal another part of my heart. He performed a miracle by giving me His peace in my spirit. Plain and simple. He performed many miracles yesterday throughout my day. Praise His Holy Name! One of my favorite songs came on the radio as I was driving through town. I was praising Him as I lifted my voice to Him. I chuckled when I was at a stop light as I wondered what the people beside me were thinking if they saw me singing with my hands lifted to Him. It does not matter what people think. God is the Only One that matters. Verse five reads, Sing your melody of praise to the Lord and make music like never before! Amen! This verse reminded me of the day I was driving through town with my sunroof open, my Rickey playing on the mandolin, and me singing "How Great Thou Art" as he played. Music can happen in our lives as we allow it. It can be that we sing with instruments or not. We can be alone or with others. No matter what the circumstances we need to allow God to flow from us. When I found Doyle Lawson's video of "How Great Thou Art", I wondered if the mandolin he is playing is the same one my Rickey bought of his last fall. I love how God brings such things to my mind and for all the memories I have. I remember one time of him picking up Doc's guitar when he was here. He played and we were singing...awww the memories! Once again I am thankful for the new song God gave me for the season I had him in my life. I also am grateful for the new song He is giving me for the days ahead. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a great day yesterday! Thank You for the joy I received in hearing Marion chuckle as we made crafts for shoeboxes! Thank You for putting a 'new song' in my heart! Thank You for the memory of singing "How Great Thou Art" as my Rickey played it over the phone as I drove through town! Thank You for the continued ways You love on Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this journey of grief! Thank You for the way You are with me when I pass his dream estate he wanted to buy for us! I am so thankful the ugly tears do not fall every time I pass it now. Lord, I pray for so many who are grieving to find Your peace. Some are grieving over deaths of loved ones. Some are grieving over loss of jobs, relationships, etc. No matter what the loss, I pray Your peace for them. I pray for so many going through 'tough' days to receive Your peace. I pray for Joe Miles who is having kidney surgery today and for all facing the winter storm up north to have Your peace. I pray against my Momma's electric going out and Your protection over all. As I read about the storm I am reminded of the ice storm that caused my MS so many issues when we were in Willard. Lord, be greater than the stresses of life. I pray for: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilly; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries; a set of twins who were born premature; and a young Momma in premature labor. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My New Song! Amen.

No comments: