Friday, February 11, 2022

Psalm 16 - "10,000 Reasons"


The Lord had me settled into Psalm 16 the days before my Rickey left this earth and for a few days after. David shows his love for the Lord throughout this Psalm. No matter what was happening in David's life God was his Constant. I am grateful to say He is my Constant. He is with me on the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. He knows exactly what I need and provides. This picture was taken last summer on one of my Rickey's trips to South Carolina. It was taken at the waterfront park where he loved to go. His love for the waterfront mirrored my love for it. He enjoyed sitting on the swings watching people go by as well as walking around. He loved to talk to people just as I do. When I would go to see Marion, he would have me drop him off at there for the afternoon. He said he was able to 'gather my thoughts' there. I am so grateful for the way God used him to help me in the healing process over Doc's death. I also am grateful for each and every conversation we had about where we would spend eternity. Neither of us ever expected for him to be gone already. That is all the more reason it is important to talk about eternity. We must be ready when our time comes to leave this earth. As I was reading Psalm 16 this morning God brought these words to my lips. I'm praising Him I have voice to sing today! 

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Bless the Lord, Oh my soul
Oh my soul, worship his holy name
Sing like never before, Oh my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

Woo hoo! Yes! I have "10,000 Reasons" to praise God! If I were to sit down and try to write all the reasons I have to praise Him, I would never be done. God is so, so good to me. He blesses me in abundance. My Rickey leaving this earth is sad for me but it also is a joy because I know where he is for eternity. I love what Matthew Henry writes...

Death destroys the hope of man, but not the hope of a real Christian. Christ's resurrection is an earnest of the believer's resurrection. In this world sorrow is our lot, but in heaven there is joy, a fulness of joy; our pleasures here are for a moment, but those at God's right hand are pleasures for evermore. Through this thy beloved Son, and our dear Saviour, thou wilt show us, O Lord, the path of life; thou wilt justify our souls now, and raise our bodies by thy power at the last day; when earthly sorrow shall end in heavenly joy, pain in everlasting happiness.

Woo hoo! Yes! There is joy in earthly death when we know our loved one is spending eternity with our Savior. Praise His Holy Name! Until the Lord takes me home I must get better at sharing Him. I must get better to not miss any opportunity He puts before me. I must live in His presence so He can ooze out of me. Yes!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the way You are going to continue to strengthen me from this COVID and are going to calm down the nausea again today! Thank You for bringing Psalm 16 before me again! I remember those days right before my Rickey left this earth and right after You had me in this Psalm. Lord, may You continue to remind me of Who You are in my life so I can be who You desire for You. May You continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we do life without my Rickey. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. I pray the memories we have will be blessings and not painful. Thank You for Susie Mankins taking my Momma to her appointment yesterday and for the good appointment! Thank You for all who love on my Momma with Your love! I pray Your love over others going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I desire to be Your reflection today. Thank You for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: