Thursday, February 17, 2022

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Be Alright"


God is so good. He loves me so much and I appreciate every blessing He gives me. Conversations with my Momma throughout the day, walks in the beautiful sunshine, a text from my daughter-in-law Rachel, gathering last night for activities at the church, hearing the children and teens chattering, leading the adults in Bible study, chatting with Rickey's son Matthew, getting close to finishing a gift project I started while down with COVID, getting more organization done in the office/craft room...goodness yesterday was full of blessings. This time of COVID has taught me to be more aware of every little blessing throughout the day. I am so thankful I am getting my strength back. I also am thankful for the ways God shows Himself throughout my days. Some days are just harder than others. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. Some days seem like they will never end and others seem to fly by. I was thinking last night as I crawled into bed about how different life is from two years ago when Doc was fighting the pancreatic cancer. It is different from one year ago when my days were blessed with texts and phone calls from my Rickey. It is different from last week when I was struggling with being sick from COVID. Life changes. There are mountains and there are valleys we must lean into the Lord's strength to accomplish. We all have a choice to look at the cup half full or half empty. We have the choice to allow God to be in charge of our life or not. We have the choice to love with His love or to hang onto anger, unforgiveness, etc. that will effect every part of our day. God gives us freedom to make choices. Oh how I pray I make good choices every day. I do not want to be fearful but instead want to stand in God's empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells me. I do not want to be weak but instead want to stand in God's strength as Philippians 4:13 tells me. I do not want to manipulate my future but instead want to stand in the promises of Jeremiah 29:11-13. God's Word is so good to remind me of how I need to live. Some days are harder than others but God is always here for me. I am reminded this morning of two things. One is the words He spoke over me on Christmas Day. The other is the words from a song Danny Gokey sings called "Be Alright"....

In the darkness and the trials
He's faithful and He is true
The whole world's in His hands
Y todo va a estar bien
Ohh
Everything will be alright
Ohh

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones in the day ahead! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the reminders of II Timothy 1:7, Philippians 4:13, and Jeremiahs 29:11-13! Thank You for the reminder that "Everything will be alright" from this song! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I am so excited to meet a new friend this evening. Bless our time together and use me to love on her with Your love. Thank You for helping me get my Momma set-up for the homebound program at the library! I pray You will provide people to help get the books/tapes to her. Thank You for last night with being back together for Wednesday activities! I love hearing the chatter of the children and teens. I pray today will be a day of blessings for many going through 'tough' days. May they remember "Everything will be alright" with You. May we all make choices that include You. May You be close to: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn with her broken arm; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; Baby Henry; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. It is hard for all of us to do life without him. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: