Saturday, February 12, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11 - "In The In Between"


These days of being in bed sick have given me way too much time to let my mind wander. The 'what ifs' keep going through my mind. 'What if' Doc's tumor would have shrunk from chemo...'what if' he would have never had the stroke...'what if' I would have never met my Rickey...'what if' COVID would not have taken him. Doc and I had so many things yet to accomplish in life. We worked well as a team and God used us mightily. I learned so much from him not only in ministry but especially with my personal walk with the Lord. Rickey and I had so many dreams. He had so many places he wanted me to see that I had never traveled to before. He was constantly introducing me to people on the phone he wanted me to meet in person. What did I give these two? How did God use me in their lives? Did I miss any opportunities God put before me with them? I pray I did not. I pray they knew I loved them and they knew I loved them with Jesus' love. I pray their grand babies know they loved them dearly. Both Doc and Rickey treasured their time with their grand babies. I want them to always know their Papa's loved them. As I've been in bed this week I've worked on grand baby gifts as my body and brain would allow. With every gift I make I pray for that grand child to know they are loved. This week has been an emotional one. I am so tired of being sick but keep reminding myself God is with me. He is with me on the mountains and He is with me in the valleys. Nothing surprises Him. What is ahead in this day is already taken care of by Him. I am so thankful to not know the future. I am sure I would mess things up. Praise God He knows all and takes care of all. This morning I heard a song by Sandi Patty called "In The In Between" and of course the tears fell. 

In the in between
Where every day life happens
And the fields of green
Belonged to someone else
In the in between
Of what will be and what has been
Jesus is a faithful friend
In the in between

The in between time between the mountains and the valleys can be hard but they also can be where our faith grows deeper. The secret to a successful in between time is allowing God to be Who He desires to be so we will be who He desires us to be. We all have a choice to make in how our in between times play out. We all have a choice to make when life gets 'tough' in whether we are going to allow God to guide us or manipulate circumstances to be how we think they should be. We all have a choice to make when we lose a loved one to allow grief to overtake us or to allow God to overtake us. Plain and simple. No matter what is happening in life we all have a choice to make. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for bringing a song to soothe me! Thank You for the way You have encouraged me this week through COVID! Thank You for the times I was able to work on grand baby gifts! Oh how I pray all of the grand babies know just how much their Papas loved them. I pray both Doc's and Rickey's grand babies will always remember their love for them. Even though no new memories can be made with them I pray they will hold the memories made while they were on this earth near and dear to their heart. Father, I continue to pray for the days of grief for all who have lost loved ones. I especially pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as it still is fresh. Lord, may we all lean into Your strength whether we are on the mountaintop or in the valley. I pray that for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May I be a pleasing aroma to You today. Thank You for being My In Between! Amen.

No comments: