Friday, February 18, 2022

Psalm 61; Psalm 16 - "Come What May"

Sometimes there are disappointments in life. They are part of life. People disappoint. Circumstances disappoint. We disappoint ourselves. The One that never disappoints is God. He may not always answer our prayers as we desire but He always answers them in the best way for us. Today is a day of disappointment. I was so looking forward to going to Pastor's Retreat. I enjoy getting together with my colleagues. There is great conversation, learning, sharing of life, etc. It is a time of refreshment. I prayed and asked God to give me His wisdom about going. Deep down I already knew His answer. My body is just not able to make a four and a half hour trip let alone function for gatherings and such. It was a disappoint to cancel yet God knows best. He is so good to speak to me. It takes an openness to listen but I am blessed as I do. This morning He took me to Psalm 61 where David wrote of his longing for God. He was depressed as his enemies were gathering closer. He cried out to God for refuge. He knew God was with him and also knew God would protect him from his enemies. Once again I think about disappointments. They can be a great enemy in our life if we allow the enemy an open door through them. David knew God was there to lead him through 'tough' times (vs 1-5). We have that same knowledge as we lean into God's strength. David vowed to be faithful to God in verse eight. This is a vow I stand upon whether it is a 'good' day or a 'tough' day. As I read this Psalm I was reminded of another Psalm David wrote. Psalm 16 encourages me greatly to lean into God no matter what is happening in life. The words of Psalm 16 are great in reminding me He is my protection, my portion, and my praise. The last verse of Psalm 61 are words I will forever declare. So I will sing praise to Your name forever, That I may daily perform my vows. Yes! I will sing praises to Him for Who He is in my life. I know the more I allow Him to be Who He desires to be in my life the more I will be who He desires me to be. Praise His Holy Name! This morning the song "Come What May" that We Are Messengers sings came to my mind...

There is deep joy that You give to me
Where hurt meets the healing is a holy thing
I see goodness, Your goodness
In all things

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus
Come what may

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for dinner out with my new friend Marilyn! Thank You for the accomplishment of getting some gifts finished and ready to mail for Rickey's grand babies! Thank You for Carol's visit and helping me with the project! Thank You for more strength in my body! May You continue to give me more physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength. It is harder for me to deal with the 'COVID brain' right now than the physical limitations. Thank You for the call from the library to get my Momma set-up with the Homebound Program! Lord, I continue to pray for protection over her from the ice from last night. I pray her electric does not go out and I pray for those who lost electric as they wait for it to be restored. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. May You shine brightly through me. May You direct my steps throughout this day to stay turned to You. May You keep my focus on You. May I declare Psalm 61:8 throughout the day. So I will sing praise to Your name forever, That I may daily perform my vows. Lord, be with many going through 'tough' days and empower them to stand in Your strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn with her broken arm; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; Baby Henry; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Thank You for the memories we have that help us through days of loneliness without him! Thank You for pictures, texts, and voice mails that mean so much! Thank You for our connection as we love on one another through his love! Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Protector! Amen.

No comments: