Sunday, February 13, 2022

Psalm 122:1 - "Promises"

 


I am so bummed. I have to keep reminding myself God is in control. He has a reason why He is allowing things to happen. I am trying not to be discouraged but am struggling. How can I proclaim Psalm 122:1 if I can't even be in church? Duh! When David wrote these words, he did not have a church building to worship in. We do not need a building to gather but we do need to continue to gather together and worship. That is what is making today so hard. Not being able to gather together because of me breaks my heart. I am struggling big time with today. I prayed and prayed for God's will be to be that I would be able to preach today. I have a choice to make. I could say the enemy is winning and be miserable or I can ask God how He will be glorified in this situation. I choose God. He woke me with the song "Promises" which blessed me in abundance. 

Though the storms may come and the winds may blow
I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn, when You speak a word
It will come to pass

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

My earthly Daddy is a prime example of choosing God no matter what happens in life. Sixty plus surgeries, being hit by a train and having a broken neck, gunshot wound, seeing his daughter murdered, beating cancer multiple times...he lived a very challenging life yet he chose God. He trusted God to see him through every moment of his life. I trust God but I know sometimes my trust falters. The 'what ifs?' of circumstances like today come into my mind. I am human so it is natural for it to happen. 'What if...' my congregation gets discouraged and leaves. 'What if...' I never get to feeling better. 'What if...' the MS takes over in my body. I must remember God's will is where I desire to live. Whatever is ahead will be His will as I live in His presence. He is faithful to me. Therefore, I will be faithful to Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! I know I am discouraged as a pastor but I also know as I live in Your presence You will show me Your will. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, You know how discouraging it is to still be in bed. Every day when I wake I think it will be the day I function normal again. Father, I am praying this morning against the nausea once again. I am praying Your strength to take over my body. I know You are greater than COVID and I know You are greater than MS. May You be glorified through me today. Love on my congregation in a mighty way and help us all to not be discouraged. I pray against discouragement in many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; a lady who lost who husband last night; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. I praise You for the visit Jeff and Leslie had with Baby Henry yesterday! I praise You for Chrissy loving on me with the beautiful roses! I praise You for another day of life! I praise You for the way You continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days of adjustment without my Rickey being on this earth. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. May I bless You throughout this day even though I won't leave the house. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: