Saturday, February 19, 2022

Psalm 105; Jeremiah 29:13 - "Weary Traveler"



This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 105. In the first few verses of this Psalm we are told to be grateful for all He has done for us. Then we are told to take it a step further by telling others of what He has done for us. If we do not tell the world about Jesus, who will? If we do not share our personal story, it will never be known. Verse four is key to life. It reads in the New International VersionLook to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. The more we live in His presence the more we will experience what He desires of us. The more we walk in obedience to Him the more we will know His will for our life. I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:13. It reads in the New International VersionYou will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. This is what life is all about. Seeking God so we can love with His love. We do not need to worry about what happened yesterday or what will happen today. Instead we need to seek Him so we can live in His empowerment. Psalm 105 talks of how God saw the Israelites through the wilderness. He did not take all of the obstacles of life away. It is in the obstacles of life our faith grow deeper. He did not make life easy for them. It is in the 'tough' days we realize we must rely on Him instead of ourselves. He cared for the Israelites in the way they needed cared for. He cares for us in the way we need cared for. He loves us greatly and wants what is best for us. Sometimes our circumstances cloud our focus on Him. We must be very careful to not allow that to happen. There are some discouraging things in my life right now. Some things I don't understand but I know He loves me and will see me through them just as He has always done. There are some things I do not understand but as I wait in Him He will reveal Himself to me. There are some things and people who disappoint me but I cannot allow them to stop me from being who Jesus desires me to be. Some days are just harder than others. I can so relate to the song "Weary Traveler."

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long...

Someday soon we're gonna make it home

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the luncheon today where I am going to meet new friends! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for my Momma's electric staying on with the bad weather! Thank You for texts from Ben and Paul, chats with Matt, completing my sermon, and finishing a gift yesterday! Thank You for my time with Cait as we discussed church things and for the long nap afterward! You are so good to give me exactly what I need. I do not want to be a 'weary traveler' yet that is how I am feeling. Lord, empower me to be stronger physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I pray the same for many feeling weary. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn with her broken arm; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; Baby Henry; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Thank You for putting him in our lives and for the love he gave all of us! Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Lord, I pray for the pastors and spouses at retreat to be renewed over this weekend. Thank You for being My Eternal Father! Amen.

No comments: