Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Psalm 77 - "Split The Sea"

 

The Lord took me to Psalm 77 this morning. The miracle of His creation is one to enjoy every day. Yesterday I took two walks outside in the sunshine. It was not only beautiful but it was so refreshing. There is nothing better than to feel the sunshine on your face as you bask in the beauty of His creation. I am thankful for the walks I took yesterday and for the ones I will take today. God continues to be with me during this time of COVID. He gives me things to remind me of His love and care. Yesterday having chocolate covered strawberries dropped off on the porch from Cait was such a reminder. I know she took time out of her busy schedule to love me with His love. The cards I have received in the mail, the porch drop-offs from neighbors and friends, and the texts/emails/messages all show His love for me. I have struggled with not being able to concentrate during these days. I try to read or study but end up frustrated. David wrote Psalm 77 at a time he was frustrated with feeling like God was not there for him. I am thankful to know God is always here for me. Just as David sought God in his days of trouble I seek Him. I pray every day for God to cleanse me so He can fill me to overflowing with more of Him. That is the only way I can be who He desires me to be. I must allow Him to be Who He desires to be in my life before this can happen. I must realize I cannot do anything on my own but must lean into His strength. This morning when I woke with the sore throat back I was bummed but quickly prayed for God to take care of it. Sometimes His timing is not what we desire but we must remember He always knows what is best. We also must remember what He has done for us in the past. Matthew Henry wrote, The remembrance of the works of God, will be a powerful remedy against distrust of his promise and goodness; for he is God, and changes not. Yes! When we remember what He has done for us, we will be more apt to stand in His strength in the challenging days of life. God has done many miracles in my life and I am grateful for each one. He continues to part the 'Red Seas' of life over and over again just as David speaks of in Psalm 77. Praise His Holy Name! I do not know what lies ahead in life but I know Who does know. I do know whatever lies ahead He will take care of as I allow Him. I am reminded this morning of a song Hannah Kerr sings called "Split The Sea"...

I believe
Every promise that You've spoken
I believe
You are faithful every moment
It may look impossible
But You're the God of miracles
You have always made a way for me
You can still split the sea

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the improvement in my physical body! Thank You for the two walks I took yesterday and the ones I will take today! Thank You for soothing this sore throat I woke with again! Lord, may today be the day I am able to concentrate to read and study. If not, then give me what I need to accept the day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be greater than any obstacle that comes my way. May You continue to 'part the Red Seas' in my life. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; Baby Henry; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. I praise You for the way You continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being The One To Part My Red Seas! Amen.

No comments: