Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Psalm 91 - "See Me Through It"


The words of Psalm 91 are ones I hold near and dear to my heart. God is so good to encourage me through His Word, songs, people, etc. This picture was one I took when I went to pick daffodils last week. It was more of an emotional day than I expected. Memories of picking them with Doc the last time I was there overwhelmed me. Yesterday when Dr. Bechtel told me I tested positive for COVID I became overwhelmed again and once again the ugly tears fell. I was so grateful for the way he allowed me to cry and listened to my story of losing my Rickey in December from COVID. I am grateful for the opportunity to get a medicine that was just approved in late December for people at high risk with COVID. I know having MS makes me high risk but hearing him talk about it was hard. Psalm 91 is so encouraging to read especially in these days. I am assured of His protection in verses one through six. I am assured of victory in this life which will lead to eternal life with Him in verses seven through thirteen. Verses fourteen through sixteen are the 'icing on the cake' with the blessings I receive every day through His presence, protection, promotion, prosperity, and preservation. Praise His Holy Name! This morning my friend Kelly shared a song by Brandon Heath called "See Me Through It" and I was blessed in abundance.

I know you’re gonna see me through it

If anybody can you can do it

God I know in the trial and the pain

Fire and the rain

You’re gonna see me through it

Woo hoo! Yes! God sees us through everything that we go through. Nothing surprises Him. He already knows what will happen. We just need to trust Him through the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. The more we trust Him the deeper our faith will go.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with me in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days! Thank You for Dr. Bechtel being so compassionate when I fell apart yesterday! Thank You for the opportunity to take this medication! Lord, continue to heal my body through medication, rest, time, etc. Thank You for not only healing me physically but also mentally and emotionally! Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue to miss my Rickey. It is hard to believe it was two months ago today the doctors made 'the' decision. Lord, I know there are many going through losses and I pray for them to lean into Your strength. I pray the same for: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Joe Miles; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patty Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; a young Momma in premature labor; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Thank You for being My Healer! Amen. 

No comments: