Monday, February 14, 2022

John 17:25-26 - "Heaven Help Me"

February 14, 2022. Today has a lot of emotions for many people. Last night was the Super Bowl. Statistics tell us that event brings about high amounts of physical abuse. This morning I am praying for anyone who endured being abused last night to seek help. I pray they will not allow the enemy to tell them lies about their situation. Today is Valentine's Day. It is not a day filled with love, gifts, special meals, etc. for many people. Instead it is a day of loneliness. There are many people who have never had the opportunity to be loved by a special someone. There are also many people who lost the love of their life through a divorce or death. This morning I am praying for God's loving arms to be felt wrapped around them. Sometimes holidays are treasures in our life and sometimes they hurt deeply. Many times people forget not everyone has the same life we do. When around family and friends for holidays, it is easy to forget those who do not have such an opportunity. This morning I pray for all of us to be more aware of those who are hurting. I pray for not only myself but for all to get to the point in our life where we love with His love. We must get to the end of ourselves so He can be Who He desires to be in our life so we can be who He desires us to be. We cannot allow life to distract us but instead need to keep our focus on God. I'm struggling with not being able to focus for any length of time on reading or studying as I deal with COVID. But I'm not struggling on focusing on God. He keeps my focus and for that I am grateful. He has given me projects to work on while being in bed. I started a birthday gift and a Christmas gift. I also started a project when I'm out of bed that I work on as I can. He gave me times of tears yesterday as I reread cards sent to me during both difficult and joyous times in life. I feel like I am never going to get back to 'normal' yet chuckle when I think there really is no 'normal' in life. Just when I think I find a new normal after change of circumstances life changes again. That is OK because I know God is in control. I know He love me and is my strength to get me through anything that happens. Praise His Holy Name! I am so blessed by all the ways He loves me. Last evening He gave me Exodus 14:14 to share with a friend going through a difficult time. Later in the evening He brought another friend to my mind to pray for. I do not know what she is going through but God knew I needed to pray for her so I did. I sent her a message and this morning she replied, "I'm always amazed at the timing of your messages." It is not me but God who has perfect timing. I am just His obedient servant. He loves us so much. He provides exactly what we need when we need it. His love is so great that He sent His Only Son to earth to die for us. The best part of the story is He didn't stay in the grave but rose again. Woo hoo! Jesus' words in John 17:25-26 remind me of the importance of loving all we meet with His love. Yesterday I shared these verses with my church family and told them I pray we love people with His love in ways they will desire to experience His love. In Sunday School yesterday we talked about how it is never too late for someone to accept Christ into their heart. But we never know when it will be too late. Therefore, we need to take every opportunity to share His love. There are too many people in this world who do not know the love of Christ. One of the purposes for us on this earth is to share His love. We cannot allow the enemy to tell us we can't but instead must remember Jesus' words in Matthew 19:26 that all things are possible with Him. We cannot do anything on our own but must live in His presence. I am reminded of the words to Zach Williams song "Heaven Help Me"...

When I don't understand
When I don't I think I can
I know You have a plan
Heaven help me
Heaven help me

Help me, help me
'Cause I can't walk this road alone
And I can't do this on my own
Tell me, tell me
I just need to hear You say
That everything will be okay

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love! Thank You for loving others through me! Thank You for providing exactly what we need when we need it as we allow You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people experience Your love through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Once again, I will probably not leave the house but I pray You will still use me. I pray Your love will heal the hurts of many today. I pray for those abused last night from the Super Bowl and for the abusers. I pray for those who do not have someone to show their love to them today on Valentine's Day. I pray for those who do not experience Your love to find it. May all who have You in their heart be willing to allow You to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Lord, may today be the day where I am up functioning more. May It be the day where You love through me in a way that will make a difference in someone's life. I pray Your love over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; Baby Henry; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. I praise You for the way You continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days of adjustment without my Rickey being on this earth. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being The One To Love Me! Amen.

No comments: