Sunday, February 6, 2022

Psalm 3; Ephesians 6 - "Weary Traveler"



The Lord took me to Psalm 3 this morning which reminded me of how many times King David felt overwhelmed with being under attack. He had times where he was physically attacked along with times of being mentally and emotionally attacked. I can so relate to him these days. Out of the blue yesterday afternoon I started with a cough and sore throat. Urgh! Not what I need any day but especially on the weekend with preaching. Verse five of Psalm 3 reads in The Voice: I lie down at night and fall asleep. I awake in the morning—healthy, strong, vibrant—because the Eternal supports me. I slept well last night but I do not feel healthy, strong, vibrant in my physical body this morning. But I know God is with me and will provide exactly what I need to do His will. He reminded me I may not feel healthy, strong, vibrant in my physical body but I am healthy, strong, vibrant in my spiritual body as long as I do not allow an enemy an open door. He also reminded me to put on His full armor before starting my day. Belt of truth. Breastplate of righteousness. Shoes of the gospel of peace. Shield of faith. Helmet of salvation. and the Sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6). Paul continues in The Message in verses fourteen through eighteen: Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. I am thankful for many who pray for me. I also am thankful for the way God brings people to my mind to pray for. The words to the song the song "Weary Traveler" are on my heart this morning. I am thankful I have the Hope of Christ in eternal life.

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

Praise God for the knowledge that the battles on this earth will not be a part of life in heaven. I am so thankful for this reminder. When I feel like I can't go on, He encourages me to keep on keepin' on! I cannot give up no matter how much I feel like I want to do so. I cannot allow the enemy an open door. Instead I need to stand in the Lord and allow Him to work in and through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for pastors before going to bed, throughout the night, and again this morning! I know I am not the only one discouraged. Lord, put people before us who will speak life into us. Father, I need Your physical touch to not just get through this morning but to glorify You through it. May You be my strength in a mighty way. I pray this for all pastors. I also pray for many who will wake up and decide whether they are going to church or not. May You be so real to all. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize when they spend their days on this earth for You they will spend eternity with You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Joe Miles; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; a young Momma in premature labor; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. I pray continued healing in Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue to miss my Rickey being here with us. I was thinking this morning about how hard the trip is on Sunday morning without him 'talking me to church' as he would say. I miss our conversations so much. I know the kids do too. I pray You will continue to heal our hurts. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen. 

No comments: