Wednesday, February 9, 2022

James 1:17 - "My God Is Still The Same"



I woke up this morning with the song "My God Is Still The Same" going through my mind and was reminded He is with me on the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. He does not change but continues to love me through every moment of life no matter what is happening. My dear friend Clay reminded me God allows things to happen in life for a reason. I love his words of encouragement. "Rejoice! He's alive and in control and His blessings are bountiful. Choose to be happy!! You are a very blessed person." Woo hoo! These are such words of truth. We have a decision to make each day on how we will live life. Will we choose Jesus and joy or will we allow the enemy a foothold into our life. We are the only one who can make the decision but God is always there to guide us. He gives us freewill which gives us freedom on the choices we make. Today is two months since I made the trip to Ohio to say goodbye to my Rickey. It was such an emotional day but God provided people to take care of me. Nancy went out of her way to take me to the airport. God put a couple traveling to Ohio who had family I know in my path when I lost my phone in the airport and desperately needed someone to pray for me. Ben picked me up at the airport in between meetings to take me to get my rental car. My sister Linda offered to get me a room for the night when I was so tired. I was not thinking very well so had not thought about getting one. Anna and Mike got me a nice room close to the hospital where I was able to rest for the night. God had his hand on the entire day. While I spent a couple hours with my Rickey that evening I sang hymns, prayed, rubbed lotion on his hands and feet, and talked to him. His nurse said even though no one knew if they can hear in that state she believed they can. Every time she did something for him she would say, "Mr Wood, I'm going to do..." I was so thankful to see he had the best of care. I am sure today and tomorrow will be filled with memories of two months ago. I also am sure my God is with me and will love me through the memories. He is with me as I deal with COVID in my own body. I have not a clue where I got it from but I don't have to know. All I have to know is God is in control as I allow Him to be. He loves me greatly and puts people in my path. I have the best tribe! My church family, my family, friends, neighbors...people nearby and people across the miles love on me so well. I am so blessed. I am reminded of James 1:17 this morning. The time God gave me with my Rickey is truly a gift. I will unwrap the memories of our time together and be blessed.

When did He break His promise
When did His kindness fail
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same
When did He lose His power
When did His mercy change
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the cold symptoms being better and thank You for the way You are going to help me through the nausea that has started! Thank You for the memories of my Rickey which are a gift for me to unwrap! Lord, thank You for my relationship with Anna, Michael, and Matt. Rickey would be so happy for the way we have bonded. Thank You for my bonus grand babies You have gifted me with to love on! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Even though I am in quarantine I pray You will use me to share Your love. May people know You are My God and may they desire to have You in their life. Thank You for my tribe who love on me so well! Thank You for putting people in my life who love on me with Your love! I pray the same for so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; a young Momma in premature labor; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Thank You for being The One To Bless Me! Amen. 

No comments: