Thursday, February 3, 2022

Psalm 19 - "Too Good To Not Believe"


God directed me to read Psalm 19 this morning. What a treasure these words of David are to read. I love the word pictures he gives with his writing. I also love the pictures God gives us with His nature. What a magnificent Artist God is as He gives us beauty to enjoy in His creation. I am jealous as I see pictures people have taken in my little world. I miss out on so much but am thankful for those who share what they see. This particular sunset was one my Rickey and I had the opportunity to experience one evening when we went down to walk at the waterfront. Sometimes I wonder what pictures would look like if I carried a camera with me but I am thankful for the camera on my phone to capture such times. David writes in the beginning of Psalm 19 in The Message about sunrises and sunsets. He refers to them as Madame Day and Professor Night. God speaks to us through His creation. He blesses us with seeing His glory in its splendor. His nature shows us what we need to see if we bask in His presence and allow Him to guide us. God wants to reveal to us the desires of His heart and many times that occurs through His nature.  I love verses seven through nine...

The revelation of God is whole
    and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear
    and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right,
    showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain
    and easy on the eyes.
God’s reputation is twenty-four-carat gold,
    with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate
    down to the nth degree

Woo hoo! When we allow God to direct us, we will be blessed in abundance in so many ways. We will realize His love to a greater degree by allowing Him to not only love on us but love on others through us. This is such an important aspect of life to realize. David tells us in Psalm 19 to start our day before God asking Him to Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! (vs 12). That is exactly how I start every day. I do not want anything between Him and I but instead want to be able to not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. When I start the day in this way, I know I can stand in the words of the remainder of this Psalm. 

Then I can start this day sun-washed,
    scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
These are the words in my mouth;
    these are what I chew on and pray.
Accept them when I place them
    on the morning altar,
O God, my Altar-Rock,
    God, Priest-of-My-Altar.

The desire of our heart should be to live as the Lord desires every day. As humans this will not always happen but the more we strive to live reflecting His love the more we will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! It was so good to get back into the swing of Wednesday night activities. What a blessing to see the children and teens. Thank You Father for blessing me so greatly! Thank You for Psalm 19 that reiterates the importance of starting each day with You with a clean slate. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. Father, once again I ask for Your protection over those in the snow/ice storm. I pray my Momma will keep power and I pray for wisdom for all involved. Thank You for being with Joe and Betty with surgeries yesterday! Thank You for continuing to heal Baby Henry as he continues this road from heart surgery! Thank You for continuing to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself what we need as we continue on the road of grief from losing my Rickey! Thank You for all the ways You encourage those who are hurting! I pray Your peace over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; a young Momma in premature labor; Dorothy's grandson diagnosed with leukemia; and Kenny and Terri as Kenneth is deployed. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My Great Artist! Amen.

No comments: