Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "I Am Yours"


I woke up with the song "I Am Yours" going through my head. It is such a blessing to be a daughter of the King. He loves me so much and blesses me every day. I had the conversation in children's Sunday school this past Sunday about us being princes and princesses. If all children had this instilled in them, the world would be a better place. My heart breaks for children who are not uplifted in their daily life. I was reminded yesterday of a 'bad' memory of a time where hurtful words were spoken over me by a teacher in elementary school. That was fifty years ago yet I can hear those words in my mind just like it was yesterday. It is not just children who need to hear words of affirmation but everyone. Ephesians 3:14-21 are words of affirmation Paul spoke over the Ephesians. These are words of not only God's love but of Paul's love for the people. I love the words to this song that speak God's love over us...

If I had to write a story
Of the greatest love in time
I would have to sing of you
How I'm this branch and you're the vine
And the romance that we have, oh, it's easy by design
I was fortunate to find you, I'm still blown away you're mine

'Cause I am yours
And you will always be mine
It seems like madness, I'm invited
To the table by your side
'Cause I am yours
And you will always be mine
I'm a man whose one ambition
Is to dance with my divine
'Cause I am yours
And you are, you are, you are
You are mine

My story is different the story of others in many instances but not in the way He loves. He loves us all so greatly and desires to be our focus in life. He desires to be Who we lean into during 'good' days and 'tough' days. Matthew Henry writes of Paul's requests in this prayer:

Strength from the Spirit of God in the inner man; strength in the soul; the strength of faith, to serve God, and to do our duty. If the law of Christ is written in our hearts, and the love of Christ is shed abroad there, then Christ dwells there. Where his Spirit dwells, there he dwells. We should desire that good affections may be fixed in us. And how desirable to have a fixed sense of the love of God in Christ to our souls! How powerfully the apostle speaks of the love of Christ! The breadth shows its extent to all nations and ranks; the length, that it continues from everlasting to everlasting; the depth, its saving those who are sunk into the depths of sin and misery; the height, its raising them up to heavenly happiness and glory. Those who receive grace for grace from Christ's fulness, may be said to be filled with the fulness of God. Should not this satisfy man? Must he needs fill himself with a thousand trifles, fancying thereby to complete his happiness?

God sustains us and satisfies us as we allow Him. The desires of His heart are poured down upon us in blessings as we live for Him. His greatest joy as our Heavenly Father is seeing us live in obedience to His will. I pray every day for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me to overflowing with more of Himself. Then, and only then, can I live as He desires.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to be in Pastor Elaine's on-line summit yesterday! Thank You for all of the speakers who gave of their time to share! Thank You for a productive board meeting last night! Thank You for the strength You continue to provide as I struggle from the after effects of COVID! Thank You for the way You are going to show Yourself through me today! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Yourself. May people see/hear You instead of me in the day ahead. Thank You for Baby Henry and Lisa's grand babies being released from the hospital! What little miracles these three are! Thank You for Mike taking my trash and for Tracey picking up my Momma's homebound tote from the library! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love! I pray Your love will be experienced in a mighty way by those struggling. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn with her broken arm; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor and the Long Family. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Yesterday the tears fell as I drove through town and had the memory of him being in Ohio on the phone playing and me here in South Carolina singing "How Great Thou Art." The memories are so precious. May You continue to heal the hurt of our hearts. Thank You for being My Root! Amen.



No comments: