Monday, February 21, 2022

II Corinthians 2:14-16 - "Take The Name of Jesus With You"

I woke up this morning with the hymn "Take The Name of Jesus With You" and immediately thought of one of the Scriptures in yesterday's sermon. Paul wrote in II Corinthians 2:14-16 in the ESV: But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? We ended the sermon with the challenge to ask God to give us the desire to put off 'an aroma of life to a dying world.' Waking up with this hymn reminded me that I can fulfill this challenge by sharing Jesus with all I meet. I can "Take The Name of Jesus With You" through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I pray every day for God to cleanse me so He can use me in the way He desires. I desire to be who He has called me to be but in order for that to happen He first must be allowed to be Who He desires to be in my life. As I "Take The Name of Jesus With You" I will spread His sweet aroma to all. In the sermon I talked about there being the aroma of destruction with those who do not follow Christ and the aroma of life for those who do. I desire to have the aroma of life. I desire to have words of life flow from my lips and a sweetness flow from me. I desire to see others to follow Christ too. Plain and simple. I desire to live for eternity with Him. The only way that can happen is to live for Him while on this earth. In this hymn, I read when I take His name into the world it "will joy and comfort give you." Woo hoo! There is one phrase in the hymn, "Hope of earth and joy of heaven" that blesses me in abundance. We have hope on this earth through Jesus. He is the Hope of our Salvation while we are on this earth. We also have the hope of the joy we will receive in heaven. What we must remember is we can bask in His joy on earth too as we live a life of obedience to Him. As we live such a life people will see/hear Him through our words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Then, and only then, will we put off 'an aroma of life to a dying world.' 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I desire to put off 'an aroma of life to a dying world.' Oh how I pray for more of Your followers to have this same desire. Lord, I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize Your peace today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn with her broken arm; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; a set of twins who were born premature; Baby Henry; and the Long Family. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Some days are just harder than others without him. May You continue to heal the hurt of our hearts. Thank You for being My Fragrance Maker! Amen.

No comments: