Sunday, February 27, 2022

Job 11:17 - "Brighter Days"


I prayed for pastors before going to bed, when I was up at 3AM, and again this morning. I prayed for those experiencing 'good' days to not allow them to get to their head. I prayed they would stay focused on God and allow Him to lead them. I prayed for those going through 'tough' days in their personal life, family, and/or church to realize God is there for them. I prayed for people around them to show them support through God's love. Life is 'tough' but God has everything under control. I remember years ago doing a Women's Ministries event where I spoke on 'When Life Gives You Lemons Make Lemonade.' That is exactly what we need to do. No matter what comes our way we must allow God to empower us through it. We need to have His wisdom and His strength to be who He has called us to be. This morning the song "Brighter Days" is on my mind. When we feel like life is giving us lemons, we need to hang onto these words...

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days


Yes! There will be "Brighter Days" both here on earth and especially when we get to heaven. Woo hoo! We just need to hang on to Jesus to get through 'tough' days on this earth. The prize of living with Him for eternity will be worth it all. I was reminded this morning of advice given to Job in the eleventh chapter of Job. He was encouraged to be right with God so God could be Who He desired in his life. If we truly desire to be faithful servants, we must be right with Him. I pray every day asking Him to cleanse me so He can fill me with more of Himself.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with meeting a new friend, Will and Sandy taking me to lunch, rest in the afternoon, and then time with the Reeder boys last night! You know what I need to fill my tank and provide. I am so blessed. Thank You for Adam Bowers who takes care of my Momm's computer issues! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray when I preach it will not be me people hear but You. You had me praying fo pastors last night, at 3AM, and again this morning. I know of many going through 'tough' days. May they feel Your empowerment in a mighty way today. I pray the same for those on my list going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Karl Stein, and Lisa's grand babies. Thank You for Shirley's friend having successful back surgery! I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Sundays always seem to be the day I miss him the most. I was so blessed by the way he 'talked me to church' every Sunday morning. Oh how I miss our conversations. Thank You for being My Brighter Days! Amen. 

No comments: