Thursday, February 24, 2022

Matthew 26:35; 22:36-40 - "All That I Am"

Yesterday was such a beautful day. Eighty degrees and pure sunshine. Perfect! I wish I would have been able to go to the waterfront but it was not in the schedule. As I felt the sun shine down on me I was so blessed to know the Son shines down on me. We do not understand the 'whys' of things that happen in our life but there is one thing we can know. Jesus loves us. Woo hoo! He loves us so much that He died and rose again so we can live. Last night's discussion in Bible study about Jesus' last days reiterated that in my mind. It breaks my heart to read of Jesus being betrayed by those closest to Him but I must remember it was all part of God's plan. I have been through some heart breaking things in life. God allowed them to happen to strengthen my faith. He allows things to happen to draw us closer to Him. Peter's declaration in Matthew 26:35 did not work out as the words said yet God was still there in the midst of things. But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same. What would happen if I were put into a position where I had to stand up for Him or die? Would I be strong in my faith or cave? I would hope I would stay strong in my faith. I hope when persecution comes I am strong and grounded in the Lord. God is always here for me. I need to always be here for Him. He is always ready to provide me strength  and wisdom. He is always loving on me. I need to be prayed up and ready for what lies ahead. I think of the words to "All That I Am" sung by The Afters....

Love You with all of my heart
Jesus I'll love You with all of my mind
Jesus I'll love You with all of my souls
Jesus I'll love You with all that I am

Yes! This is my goal in life. Love Him with all of me is what He desires of me. When I love Him in this manner, I will be empowered to love others with His love. That is why He put me on this earth. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt He put my Rickey in my life for that very reason. He needed to be loved and he needed reminded of Jesus' love for him. I am so thankful for that time. I never expected it to be cut so short but I am thankful for every moment the Lord gave him to me as a gift I will always treasure.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Chris trimming 'Doc's trees' and for the time last night with dinner and activities at church! Thank You for comforting Anna, Michael, and the kids with the loss of Sampson! Thank You for the day ahead! I am so excited for the altars to be delivered and for my gathering tonight with ladies from the area. Cleanse me so You can fill me so Your love will ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. Father, be with those going through 'tough' days. I pray someone will speak life over them today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Dave and Carol Goodwin, Baby Henry, and Lisa's grand babies. I praise You for Brooklyn getting her cast off. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. I am thankful for texts, a voice mail, and all the memories I have from my time with him. He was truly a treasured gift. Thank You for being The One I Love! Amen.

No comments: