Saturday, February 26, 2022

Lamentations 3:22-27; II Timothy 1:7 - "Promises"


Yesterday was a very emotional day. I posted on facebook at the beginning of the day:

Sometimes being a pastor is hard...Sometimes being a widow is hard...Sometimes being a widowed pastor his hard...II Timothy 1:7

These words are where I am. I do not have to fear the days ahead because I know God is with me. He has brought me through so many 'hard' times and will continue to do so. Once again this morning I woke to the song "Promises" on my heart. 

Though the storms may come and the winds may blow
I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn, when You speak a word
It will come to pass

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

I am so thankful for the knowledge of the truth in this song. I am thankful for God being Who He is in my life. I try to not complain or whine but some days are just harder than others. Some situations in life are just harder than others. I can be going along thinking things are going well and boom something hits. Thankfully God is there to get me through every single moment of every single day. He is there when the tears fall. Sometimes the tears are sad ones. Sometimes they are ugly ones. Yesterday the ones that fell were a mixture of sad and joyful. My first glimpse of the altars as Cait and I unwrapped them opened the floodgates. It is just another part of Doc's plan coming into existence that he did not get to see. That saddens me yet at the same time it brings me joy that I get to experience it. As I lovingly touched the altars I thought of all the people who will be blessed as they seek God at them. It reminded me of when the pews came into the building and thinking about all the people who were blessed from sitting in them over the years. God is so good. He is faithful as we are faithful. I cannot allow the 'hard' times to discourage me but instead need to allow God to take my faith deeper through them. Many times when I voice those words to people I hear 'easier said than done.' In our humanness that is true but when we allow God to be Who He desires to be in our life He will be faithful as we are faithful. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual strength You provided yesterday! Thank You for Joshua Cole's phone call yesterday morning! Thank You for Andy's text of encouragement after he read my facebook post..."It's the other times that make those sometimes worth living." I am so blessed by all You put in my path. Thank You for the altars being delivered and for the delivery man helping get them into the church! Thank You for another part of Doc's dream being fulfilled through the generosity of so many! Thank You for all of the work Cait and I accomplished at the church yesterday! Thank You for being with me as I met a new family and for Carrington's taking me out for a family dinner! Lord, You are so good to bless me. Even little things like helping me remember where I saw my Momma's box of Easter decorations that she couldn't find. No matter if small or big You take care of things. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me today. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through tough days to realize Your faithfulness. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cade and Lauren; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Kristen Batten; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Shirley's friend who had back surgery yesterday, and Lisa's grand babies. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Yesterday Cait and I both had a 'Rickey moment' which blessed me in abundance. I was thinking yesterday how he would be soaking up this beautiful sunshine with low humidity if he were still with us. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen. 

No comments: