Monday, January 31, 2022

Psalm 11 - "We Won't Be Shaken"

God's creation is so awesome! I love to see it in person but when friends send me pictures like this one I am so appreciative. A young man from my church knows I am not normally out and about early in the morning so he shared it with me. What blessings God puts in my life every day! I am one blessed lady! Yesterday I was able to preach what He gave me and even had fellowship with some over lunch. After getting home I slept two hours and stayed in bed the rest of the day only to sleep ten hours last night. I was so tired and God provided what was needed. He took me to Psalm 11 this morning to remind me of how I need to continued to trust Him. A couple weeks ago I remember making the statement from the pulpit that I was tired of fighting the enemy. When I look around my little church, I see many in the same shoes. But we cannot quit the fight. We cannot give up but instead need to stand firm in our faith. Yesterday's sermon reiterated how Paul was so proud of the church of Thessalonica. They showed great faith through times of persecution. Their great love for the Lord was given freely. The way they lived their life gave them great hope in eternal life with the Father. These attributes of the Thessalonians are ones all need to live by. We all need to trust God through the storms of life so He not only gets us through such storms but He is glorified through them. Woo hoo! I love how King David begins Psalm 11. I am already in the soft embrace of the Eternal.. The secret to living is found in His presence. As we live in His presence we will experience our faith going deeper and our trust growing stronger. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him. I am thankful for the way He loves on me through others, music, His Word, etc. I am thankful He strengthens my faith so I can be the person He desires me to be. Plain and simple, I am thankful. I am reminded of a song called "We Won't Be Shaken" and am thankful I mean it when I sing it.

You know my every longing
You've heard my every prayer
You've held me in my weakness
Cause You are always there
So I'll stand in full surrender
It's Your way and not my own
My mind is set on nothing less
Than You and You alone
I will not be moved oh

Whatever will come our way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken

Trusting the Lord with every aspect of our life is key to living in peace. His peace is present in the midst of the storms of life when we allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Psalm 11 that reminds me to trust You! Thank You for "We Won't Be Shaken" that encourages me to lean into You no matters what happens! Thank You for the rest You provided as my body continues to heal! Thank You for the encouragement I receive from many who pray for me, help me, etc.! Thank You for the strength to preach yesterday and for the feedback I received from the message! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray people will see/hear You instead of me today. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for the opportunity my friend Clay has today! What a blessing he is to me and our church. Thank You for building our church spiritually! Thank You for all the ways You bless us! Lord, I pray for many going through 'tough' days to trust You. I pray protection over those who will be hit with a winter storm this week. I especially pray for my Momma to not lose electric. I pray continued prayers for: her; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve;  Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilly; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries; a set of twins who were born premature; and a young Momma in premature labor. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this journey of grief without my Rickey. Thank You for the pictures, texts, songs, memories, etc. we have to treasure. Thank You for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: