Friday, January 21, 2022

Romans 12:1-2 - "Even At My Worst"

I woke up with Romans 12:1-2 on my mind and immediately started praying for believers who are conforming to the ways of the world. We are all guilty of this but if we truly desire to live in God's will we will strive to be a reflection of Him. He would not tear people down but instead would lift them up. He would not use language that would offend others. He would not allow His children to listen, watch, or play games/shows with violence, bad language, etc. God gives us an example to follow. I am not nearly offended by someone who does not portray themselves as a follower of Christ and does such things as I am of someone proclaiming to be a follower of His. When we accept Him in our heart, He will transform us as we allow Him. Each and every day may be a struggle with people we are around, listen to, etc. but we do not have to give into the 'junk' of the world. Recently I had an opportunity to be invited to a gathering where there were things not of Christ happening. I went and I had a good time. I did not participate in those things but neither did I have a judgmental attitude toward those who did participate. This week's sermon is entitled "I Am The Light of the World." That is exactly who Jesus is. As His reflection we need to be lights in this world. If we are conforming to the ways of the world, our lights will be dimmed and sometimes even go out. Shame on us for allowing this to happen. There is a difference in living in the world and living as the world. We need to remember God is with us at all time to give us direction, wisdom, and strength to face anything. He is there to love us through times when we cave into the ways of the world. I am reminded this morning of the song "Even At My Worst"....

When I feel pressure
You reach out, You pull me back together
Who You are to me nothing can measure
If I have You, I have everything that I need

When I fall down
You pick me up
When I feel small
You're big enough
I'm standing strong
And it's because of You

Through my trouble
And my flaws
Yeah, You see above it all
I'm standing strong
And it's because of You

Even at my worst You love me
You wrap Your arms around and You hold me close
Even at my worst You give
Something I don't deserve
You love me even at my worst

Yes! No matter what we do, God is there to pick up up. We need to repent daily for both the known and the unknown sins of life. When we start with a 'clean slate' each day, He can use us mightily. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for the way He loves me even when I miss opportunities He gives me. I am grateful He loves on me when I feel down. I am grateful for the wisdom and direction He gives me. Plain and simple. I am grateful.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead today! I am not sure if I will leave the house today but I am sure You will love through me whether I do or not. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. So many times yesterday You brought my Rickey to my mind. Oh how I miss hearing his voice. Thank You for the saved voice mail I listen to! I pray You will continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this journey of grief. I pray the same for many going through days of grief. Every time I turn around it seems like there is another death. Lord, I pray for all to be ready for You. We never know when You will call us home. I also pray for those going through 'tough' days to lean into Your strength. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor and Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries this week. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for Marion going to PT without too much problems yesterday and for Cyndi going home! Thank You for the items You took me to yesterday to buy for shoeboxes! Woo hoo! Thank You for being The One Who Loves Me! Amen.

No comments: