Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Psalm 33 - "Weary Traveler"


The Lord took me to Psalm 33 this morning. I asked Him why He took me to the Psalms so often. He replied, "There is great wisdom to be found." I was so blessed as I read it in different translations. I heard a song yesterday that spoke volumes to me. I am sure I have heard it before but yesterday was different. The words to "Weary Traveler" are...

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

I know I am never alone and I also know what I need to do to get through this tough road with grief. I need to lean into Him and allow Him to be my strength. Psalm 33 is a song of praise. I know I need to praise Him through the 'tough' days and I strive to do so. I know I need to trust Him and I strive to do so. I know He loves me greatly and shows me in so many ways. As I look at this picture I am reminded of verse six in Psalm 33. It reads in The Passion Translation: All He had to do was speak by His Spirit-Wind command, and God created the heavenlies. Filled with galaxies and stars, the vast cosmos He wonderfully made. I remember my Rickey and I driving over off to Brickyard Road to see the sunset one night. It was a beautiful one! We were in awe of the beauty of God's creation. We talked about how blessed we were to experience such beauty. I praise God for this memory I have and the pictures I took. I praise Him for my time with my Rickey and the great things accomplished in both of our lives. In the middle of verse three of this Psalm it reads, Play His praises on instruments with the anointing and skill He gives you. I am thankful for the knowledge my Rickey is in heaven playing music. Sometimes I wonder if him and Doc are playing together. In my reading in my grief books it tells me it is 'good' to allow yourself to think about your loved ones. God heals our hearts through thinking about them. I am thankful God is with me on this journey. I honestly do not know how people do such things without Him. My heart breaks to see people trying to do life on their own strength. Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm:

Those that fear God and his wrath, must hope in God and his mercy; for there is no flying from him, but by flying to him. Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us; let us always have the comfort and benefit, not according to our merits, but according to the promise which thou hast in thy word given to us, and according to the faith thou hast by thy Spirit and grace wrought in us.

Yes! He is our Hope when we allow Him. Our faith will strengthen as we lean into Him. We must allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life so we can be who He desires us to be. Even when our heart is broken we must lean into Him. Actually, maybe even more so at that time so the enemy does not have an open door into our life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love on people! Thank You for my time with little Jaxon! Thank You for prompting me to do a porch drop off meal to Amy's family! Thank You for continuing to be with this family! I also pray for the Nestor family and others who are dealing with illness. May Your strength be theirs in these 'tough' days. There just seems to be so, so many sick right now. Lord, may You be the Great Physician to all. I am thankful for those recuperating from recent surgery. Thank You for Matthew having a great follow-up appointment! Lord, there are so many who need a healing in their emotional being as they grieve. I pray Your supernatural empowerment over Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this road of life without Rickey. I pray You will be close to all who are grieving. I also pray You will be close to those going through 'tough' days. May all realize they may be a "Weary Traveler" but they are not alone. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. Father, I also pray for a friend who is undergoing testing for possible mesothelioma. Lord, be so real to her in these days. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID in themselves and/or family members. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through me. Thank You for being My Radiant Hope! Amen.

No comments: