Sunday, January 30, 2022

Hebrews 10 - "Tell You Heart to Beat Again"



Before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors. I also prayed for those who will be in services today to truly listen to what the Lord has for them. This morning I woke up to a song Danny Gokey sings called "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" and it made me pray more for people who have fallen away from God. I was reminded yesterday of so many who have quit going to church. Some quit because of COVID yet even when they had opportunity to be in church when numbers were down they still stayed away. Paul tells us in Hebrews 10:25 that we need to not give up gathering together with other believers. Verses nineteen through the end of this chapter is entitled "A Call to Persevere in Faith" in the NIV. We all need to persevere through everything that comes our way. We need to allow God to be our strength through 'tough' days. We need to seek and follow His wisdom with all decisions made. Sometimes life is 'tough' but it is in such times our faith is taken deeper. We have to get to the point where we depend upon God and not ourselves if we want to persevere through life. God does not make 'bad' things happen to us but He allows them. This morning the sermon God has given me to preach is "I Am The Door." At the beginning of the week I questioned whether I would be well enough to preach today. Actually, I am still questioning my strength but God will provide because He told me I was to go. This Scripture reminds me of Jesus being my Door. In verse twenty it speaks of Him being a new and living way opened for us through the curtain. Woo hoo! Yes! He is the Door I desire to walk through each and every day. I am so thankful I have made this decision and I pray for more to make it too. Gokey's song goes...
Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
Step into the light of grace
Yesterday's a closing door
You don't live there anymore
Say goodbye to where you've been
And tell your heart to beat again

Let every heartbreak
And every scar
Be a picture that reminds you
Who has carried you this far
'Cause love sees farther than you ever could
In this moment heaven's working
Everything for your good
Woo hoo! All can experience this life! All we have to do is repent and ask Jesus into our heart. We must do this daily so we can be who He has called us to be. I am so thankful for the confidence I have in the Lord (vs 19) that allows me to walk through the Door anytime of the day or night. I am grateful for His faithfulness in our relationship (vs 23) and I am grateful for the knowledge of eternal life with Him (vs 37). Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You will provide for me to preach today! Thank You for the way You are going to remove this headache from me! Thank You for all the ways You speak to me through Scripture, music and other people! I praise You for Who You are in my life and for the ways You encourage me to be who You desire me to be. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray every pastor who preaches today will be filled with the Holy Spirit. I pray each one of us will speak what You desire and not what we think needs said. Lord, thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this journey of grief. It warms my heart to see pictures and talk about my Rickey with them. Thank You for putting them into my life! I know it is part of Your plan for my healing. I pray for many who need to realize You are doing things in their life through the 'tough' days they are experiencing. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilly; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries; a set of twins who were born premature; and a young Momma in premature labor. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My Door! Amen.

No comments: