Monday, January 17, 2022

Psalm 122:1; I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "House of the Lord"

Yesterday the rain was pouring down so ugly so I knew there would be some to stay home from church. I received a phone call that Paula who teaches adult Sunday school teacher and Jack who plays the music for service were under the weather and unable to be there. I already knew of some sick so I was pretty discouraged. I thought back to my devotions from yesterday morning with Psalm 122:1 and questioned how I was going to be joyful with all going on. God blessed me in abundance when Joshua stopped in asking about service. It lifted my spirits immensely! God had me pray during Sunday school for each and every person who was going to be in the service physically and for those who would be watching on-line. He kept bringing to my prayers for all of us 'to embrace' what He had for us. I received a text at 10:45 from Brooklyn that she overslept. I truly believe the enemy did not want me to be joyful yesterday but he did not win. My God won! Looking out over twenty-three people in service warmed my heart. Knowing God orchestrated every moment of my morning gave me great joy. I am thankful for the peace He gave me as I leaned into Him for wisdom. He is so, so good! He knows what we need and He provides. There were fourteen of us who went to lunch yesterday. As happens a lot these days it took awhile for the food to come but what a great time of fellowship we had during that time. I truly believe it was all in God's time! Woo hoo! The icing on the cake was walking out from lunch into pure sunshine. Not only was the sun shining but the Son was shining down upon me. Praise His Holy Name! Yesterday may not have started off joyful but God showed me He desires me to be joyful! I am reminded of Paul's words in I Thessalonians 5:16-18. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Yes! I will rejoice! I will pray! I will be thankful! No matter what circumstances I find myself in I will continue to strive to walk in obedience to the will of God. Once again I am reminded of the words to a song Phil Wickham sings called "House of the Lord"...

There's joy
In the house of the Lord
There's joy in the house of the Lord today
And we won't be quiet
We shout out
Your praise
There's joy in the house of the Lord
Our God is surely in this place
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being so intentional to show me how to be joyful yesterday! Thank You for all of the ways You loved on me! Thank You for the Cole family, Dave and Carol, and Bob and Kensi joining us for service while they were in town! Thank You for giving me the desire to commune with You daily as this week's challenge suggests! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today even if I do not leave the house. Lord, I pray for Your wisdom with the kitchen floor issue at the church. I pray Your peace over every decision that is ahead. I also pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. May You continue to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself exactly what we need as we adjust to no longer having my Rickey with us. I pray the same for others who have lost loved ones. I pray for Ms Savon and her family with the loss of her aunt. I think of so many going through COVID and pray not only for their physical needs but also their mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual needs. Lord, continue to be close to: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; Kristen Batten; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Oh Lord, be so close to this family. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.

No comments: