Saturday, January 22, 2022

Psalm 139:13 - "Thank You"


Today is my Momma's ninety-first birthday! Woo hoo! I always say when I grow up I want to be like her. She is one tough cookie! The reason she is tough is because she leans into the Lord's strength. She has been through so much in her long life but God has been with her every step of the way. My Daddy and her were the perfect couple. They loved each other well but most importantly they loved the Lord and allowed Him to be in charge of life. Giving came/comes naturally for both of them and for that I am grateful. Someone once asked me why I seemed to feel comfortable in a hospital or funeral home setting. I spent time in both places with my parents. Their multiple health issues put us in hospitals a lot. Their love for people put us at calling hours and funerals for people we did not even know. My Momma after raising the first four children worked hard to get her GED so she could go on to get her LPN license. After health issues that caused her to no longer be in the nursing field she took college classes so she could do social work at the nursing home. She never gave up. She is tired of living and keeps asking why God still has her here. She answers that question herself with 'He still has things for me to do.' It saddens my heart to see her struggling and no longer have the 'get up and go' she used to have but I keep reminding myself of her age. I am so grateful for her being my Momma. God did good when He gave her to me! I am grateful for all the things she taught me growing up but most especially I am thankful for the way she taught me to love the Lord and allow Him to be in charge of life. I am reminded of a song Ray Boltz sings called "Thank You" as I think about my Momma. 

Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am a life that was changed
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave

One by one they came
Far as the eyes could see
Each life somehow touched
By your generosity
Little things that you had done
Sacrifices made
Unnoticed on the earth
In heaven now proclaimed

So many lives touched by my Momma over the years. She loves people so well but especially loves them with the love of the Lord. What a great example to have in life!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for loving me so well with the gift of my dear Momma! I pray she will be blessed in abundance today as she celebrates her 91st birthday! Oh how I wish I could be with her but am thankful my sister Linda was able to go. Thank You for all the ways You love on me through my Momma and all the ways You love on her every day! Thank You for the example of how to live in You that she gives me every day! Father, encourage her greatly on the 'tough' days of life. I pray the same for: My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries this week; and a set of twins who were born premature yesterday. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for being with me yesterday when the tears fell with the reminders from life without my Rickey! Lord, some days are just harder than others. I pray You will continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this grief journey. Thank You for being The One Who Blesses Me! Amen.

No comments: