Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Psalm 14; II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Psalm 46:10 - "Look What You've Done"


The Lord directed me to Psalm 14 this morning and has the song "Look What You've Done" going through my mind. David talks about people who refuse God in their life. He speaks of how God looks down upon such people with love (vs. 2). God never gives up on us no matter how hard we try to live a life without Him. I love the words to this song...

Look what You've done, look what You've done in me
You spoke Your truth into the lies I let my heart believe
Look at me now, look how You madе me new
The еnemy did everything that he could do
Oh, but look what You've done

The enemy tries to keep us away from God. He tries to pull those in relationship with God away from Him. He will do anything in his power to make us feel unloved, unworthy, etc. We must realize we do not have to live in the lies of the enemy. God is always there to love on us. He is always there to show us the way to Him. His way includes not only life on this earth but life with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! That is the best part of the relationship with God. I have been asked so many times how I know there is life after this earth. His Word tells me about eternal life. He shows me every day what I need to do to live with Him for eternity. I do not have to live in the lies of the enemy. I can live in peace and completeness in the Lord. Praise His Holy Name! He uses people to encourage me to continue to strive to walk in obedience to His will for my life. The enemy tries to put lies upon me that tell me I can't do what is before me but God reminds me I can do anything He desires of me. He reminds me II Timothy 1:7 tells me I do not have to fear anything but need to stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. He reminds me of Philippians 4:13 that I have His strength to lean into. He reminds me all I have to do is follow His command in Psalm 46:10 and He will work in and through me. I am so grateful for all the ways He reminds me of Who He is in my life and who I am to Him. This morning my friend Andy sent this picture to me with the message: "Good morning my friend. The moon is mirroring how you shine early this morning." Wow, God! What a great way to start my day! This encourages me to continue to strive to shine brightly for the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You love on me and encourage me! Thank You for my friend Andy's message this morning! Thank You for being with the surgeons today as they repair Baby Henry's heart! I pray Your presence to be so very real to them and his family. I pray for a cleansing in myself so I can be more of who You desire me to be. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You instead of me. May I shine brightly for You no matter what happens in the day ahead. Lord, I pray for those without power to stay warm and for those traveling to be safe on the roads. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue on this journey of grief. May we all lean into You when the 'tough' days occur. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days in life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Ms. Savon; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Oh Lord, be so close to this family. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My Eternal Life! Amen. 

No comments: