Saturday, January 8, 2022

Psalm 27 - "Goodness of God"

When I was awake during the night and again this morning, I had the words to "Goodness of God" on my mind. This song says how I feel. I can so relate to it.

I love Your voice, You have led me through the fire
In my darkest night, You are close like no other
I've known You as a father, I've known You as a friend
Oh, I have lived in the goodness of God, oh

And all my life, You have been faithful
All my life, You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

God has been with me through so many trials yet He also has been with me with so many praise worthy events. I read Psalm 27 this morning and thought about 2021. This Psalm is entitled "Fearless Faith" in The Passion Translation. That is exactly what I strive to live out. When God put my Rickey in my life in 2021, I was not looking for a man but God encouraged me to allow Him in. Throughout the months we had together we made many memories and there was much healing that happened in both of us. As I told someone yesterday it was a 'win-win' situation. I am thankful for the memories made. I am sad the dreams we talked of did not have a chance to happen yet I can't be too sad because I know where my Rickey is. In verse three of this Psalm it reads: My heart will not fear even if an army rises to attack. I will not be shaken, even if war is imminent. There was no communication with Rickey once he went on the vent but I pray he did not fear what COVID did to his body. He told me several times he wasn't afraid of dying because he knew where he was going. Many would say Rickey is just a COVID statistic. I would say Rickey is a God statistic. I am jealous of all who have left this earth and gone on to be with the Lord. I can only imagine what life is like in heaven but I know for certain it is better than what it is on this earth. Those in heaven are experiencing His goodness first hand. Those of us on earth experience it in bits and pieces. Yesterday was a prime example with me experiencing His goodness. He loved on me through my dear friend Chrissy and her four legged sweetie Cora. She gifted me with lunch and then a very moving gift she made for me...

Woo hoo! Yes! I needed this reminder to have faith as a mustard seed and strength as a shark's tooth. God is with me. My faith is grounded in Him and His strength is within me. Praise His Holy Name! Last night I had a call from my dear friend's the Carrington's inviting me out to dinner. The food was delicious but the company was excellent! Mr. Grayson gave me so many hugs to get my tank filled up! I love being a part of this family. The day I became their 'Granny Sheila' was a day that continues to bless me in abundance. God showers His love over me at all time and for that I am grateful. He reminds me this morning to not give up when days are 'tough' because there are 'good' days just around the corner. I had 'good' days with my Rickey as I mourned Doc. God blessed me in abundance throughout 2021 and I know He will continue to bless me in 2022. He shined brightly through me in 2021 and I know He will continue to shine brightly through me in 2022. I can be confident in Him because He loves me so greatly. I love David's reminder in verse fourteen to not give up hoping for what is ahead. It reads: Here’s what I’ve learned through it all: Don’t give up; don’t be impatient; be entwined as one with the Lord. Be brave and courageous, and never lose hope. Yes, keep on waiting—for he will never disappoint you! Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings poured out over me by Chrissy and the Carrington's yesterday! Thank You for Psalm 27 that reminds to not give up on You! Thank You for this song that reminds me of Your faithfulness! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a powerful way. Lord, I pray for Your wisdom with a couple things before me. I pray for clear vision. I also pray for healing to continue in Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself. Thank You Father for all the ways You continue to bless us through this grief journey without Rickey with us! Lord, I pray for so many who are dealing with death of loved ones to feel Your presence. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to have hope in You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. Father, I also pray for a friend who is undergoing testing for possible mesothelioma. Lord, be so real to her in these days. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID in themselves and/or family members. Thank You for being with the surgeons for Coley's mother, Kaye, Wanda, and FaDana this week! I pray for Shirley as she has surgery today. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: