Thursday, January 6, 2022

Psalm 32-33 - "What If"


The Lord took me to Psalm 32 this morning. We talked last night in Bible study about the need for all of us to share God's love with all we meet. We never know when it may be our last time to do so. I saw this picture on Facebook and thought how true it is...


No one knows when their time on this earth will be over but we all need to be ready at all time. Psalm 32 was written by King David to tell people what needs to happen in all of our lives. We need to repent and allow God to forgive us of our sins. I was reading Matthew Henry's thoughts on this Psalm and one sentence stood out to me. It reads: 

Those that would speed in prayer, must seek the Lord, when, by his providence, he calls them to seek him, and, by his Spirit, stirs them up to seek him. In a time of finding, when the heart is softened with grief, and burdened with guilt; when all human refuge fails; when no rest can be found to the troubled mind, then it is that God applies the healing balm by his Spirit.

When we feel like we can't go on, God desires to our Healing Balm. 
When we are in great anguish over the hurts of life, God desires to be our Healing Balm.
When the world no longer fulfills our desires, God desires to be our Healing Balm.
Plain and simple. God desires to be our Healing Balm.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that Rickey is spending his days in heaven. As I read obituary after obituary I wonder how many many question where their loved ones are spending eternity. I wonder how many people wish they would have been more intentional in sharing God's love with their loved ones. I am thankful for the many conversations my Rickey and I had about not only life on this earth but life for eternity. I am thankful for all the times we prayed together. King David continues in the next chapter opening with these words...

It’s time to sing and shout for joy!
    Go ahead, all you redeemed ones, do it!
    Praise him with all you have,
    for praise looks lovely on the lips of God’s devoted lovers.
Play the guitar as you lift your praises loaded with thanksgiving.
    Sing and make joyous music with all you’ve got inside.

Woo hoo! Yes! I can sing and shout for joy with the knowledge of where my Rickey is for eternity! I can sing and shout for joy because God put him in my life at a critical time for both of us. I needed him to heal the hurts of my heart and he needed me to share Jesus' love with him. It was a win-win situation! Praise God! I am thankful I have no regrets in our relationship. I am reminded of Matthew West's song called "What If"...

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running till the road runs out
I'm lighting it up right here right now
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs, yeah


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love even though I did not leave the house! Thank You for the appointment with the plumber this afternoon! Thank You for being so close to me every moment of these tough days! I pray You will be so real to Anna, Michael, and Matt through these days. May we all bask in the memories we have of Rickey. Thank You for the pictures Matt shared with me yesterday! As Rickey would say, 'they tickled me pink!' Lord, I pray for so many who have lost loved ones recently. This morning I prayed for Jared, Kim, and Tammy with the losses of their fathers. I think of the loss of the young mother to breast cancer and the mother/grandmother to COVID. So, so many deaths. We never know when our time on earth will draw to a close but I praise You for the knowledge of eternity with You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May Your peace ooze out of me. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. Father, I also pray for a friend who is undergoing testing for possible mesothelioma. Lord, be so real to her in these days. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID in themselves and/or family members. Thank You for a successful surgery for Coley's mother and Kaye this week! Thank You for continued improvement with Matthew from his shoulder surgery! Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for being My Healing Balm! Amen.

No comments: