Sunday, January 23, 2022

Psalm 19 - "The Blessing Song"


Before I went to bed, during the night, and again this morning God brought to my mind to pray for pastors. There are so many going through 'tough' times with COVID in themselves or their families, other diseases, family issues, financial issues, church issues...the list goes on and on. We must all remember to lean into God for His strength, wisdom, and love to not just get us through such times but to glorify Him through them. We can look all around us at any given time and see God's hand at work. We see His work in the beauty of His creation. We see it through other people and in circumstances that do not make sense. He is with us at all time and desires to love on us. This morning He took me to Psalm 19. Verse eight spoke volumes to me. I read it in different versions to get the 'just' of it. It reads in the NIVThe precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. David wrote about how everything the Lord gives us to read and ponder upon is perfect. He directs us to exactly what we need. Verse seven describes God's Word as the law and statutes. Verse eight describes it as precepts and commands. It does not matter what word is used for it. His Word is a gift we have before us to read at any given time. Verse eight in The Passion Translation tells us His Word makes us joyful. Even when we have fallen and go before Him to repent we still have joy in our heart because of His love, mercy, and grace. When we go before Him with a hurting heart, He gives us joy through His Word that encourages us. The more i am in His Word the more comfort and peace I receive on this journey of grief. God is so, so good at providing exactly what I need. Verse thirteen in Psalm 19 reminds me of the need to stay close to God. I ask Him every morning to cleanse me so He can fill me. I desire to walk in obedience to His will and the only way for that to happen is to stay focused on Him.  Verse fourteen of this Psalm is my prayer. It reads in the New King James VersionLet the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. I pray this prayer over all pastors who are going into the pulpit today. May we all have our focus on Him. I am reminded of a song Kari Jobe sings called "The Blessing Song" and am praying it over all this morning...

May His favor be upon you
And a thousand generations
And your family and your children
And their children, and their children

May His presence go before you
And behind you and beside you
All around you and within you
He is with you, He is with you
In the morning, in the evening
In your coming and your going
In your weeping and rejoicing
He is for you, He is for you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! Thank You for the privilege I have to be in the pulpit this morning! Thank You for Psalm 19 that reminds me of the importance of being in Your Word! Thank You for the comfort it gives me on this journey of grief! I pray continued peace for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself. May we remember the good memories of my Rickey and find ways to honor his memory. I pray the same for all who have lost loved ones. COVID is a hard illness to deal with but I know You are with all of us. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You instead of me. I pray Your words will not only be what I say today from the pulpit but will also be embraced by all who hear them. Lord, may Your words be greater than the hurts of life. I pray for those going through 'tough' days to realize Your love to a greater depth. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries; and a set of twins who were born premature. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. I pray extra strength for Pastor Steve who will be preaching for his first time since going through COVID and for Pastor Mike who continues to recuperate from it. Thank You for being All I Need! Amen. 

No comments: