Saturday, January 29, 2022

Psalm 48 - "Weary Traveler"


The Lord took me to Psalm 48 this morning. This Psalm encourages us to praise God no matter what is happening in life. I was reading Matthew Henry's thoughts on this Psalm. He wrote: Happy the kingdom, the city, the family, the heart, in which God is great, in which he is all. There God is known. The clearer discoveries are made to us of the Lord and his greatness, the more it is expected that we should abound in his praises. These words made me think about how the closer I am in relationship to God the more responsible I am to praise Him in the storms of life. Henry continues, Nothing in nature can more fitly represent the overthrow of heathenism by the Spirit of the gospel, than the wreck of a fleet in a storm. Both are by the mighty power of the Lord. This reminds me of last week's sermon. I spoke of how the enemy has taken what God has made as good and turned it into perverted, crooked 'junk' of the world. This Psalm encourages us to never forget what God has done for us (vs 9). He also encourages us to remember earth is not our final home when we are in relationship with Him (vs 14). Praise His Holy Name! I love how Henry describes God. This God, who has now done such great things for us, is unchangeable in his love to us, and his care for us. If he is our God, he will lead and keep us even to the last. He will so guide us, as to set us above the reach of death, so that it shall not do us any real hurt. He will lead us to a life in which there shall be no more death. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I am grateful my Daddy, Doc, and my Rickey are spending eternity with God. My heart breaks for those who are not in relationship with Him and headed to hell. It breaks for those who have walked away from Him. It breaks for those who refuse to listen to what He gives me to share with them. The tears fall for those who are living in this perverse world instead of living a different life with Him. I am so thankful to know I am just here for a 'short' time in the sense that I will not have to live in the 'junk' of the world forever. But I am sadden to think of how many people I may miss in sharing the Gospel with and in turn they will not experience eternal life with my Heavenly Daddy. I am reminded of the words of "Weary Traveler" this morning as I ponder upon Psalm 48. I need to get better at using the time God gives me on this earth to make Kingdom differences in people's lives. I need to not allow the enemy any open door that will stop me from proclaiming the Gospel. When I become weary, I need to allow God to give me a dose of His supernatural empowerment to be the lady He has called me to be.

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your continued healing on my body from this virus! Father, I pray today will be the day the headache is gone but if that is not in Your plan then I pray You will give me exactly what I need to not just get through the day but to glorify You through it. I pray for Your touch as I finish tomorrow's sermon. Lord, my heart hurts for so many who refuse You, walked away from You, living with the world a part of their life instead of You, etc. It hurts to know I miss opportunities You give me to shine brightly for You. This virus has dimmed my light but I pray You will show me how I can shine brightly for You once again. Even though I will not leave the house again today I pray for opportunities to love on people with Your love. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your peace, strength, and empowerment over many going through 'tough' days. I especially pray for those on the road of grief to realize You in a mighty way. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue this road of life without my Rickey. These days of being in bed have brought back so many memories of the time he was in my life. I am so grateful for those memories but oh how I miss his calls, texts, etc. I also have prayed for so many who need Your touch. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilly; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; Little Henry and Noel who had heart surgeries; a set of twins who were born premature; and a young Momma in premature labor. Oh Lord, be so close to these families. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My Eternity! Amen. 

No comments: