Sunday, January 16, 2022

Psalm 122:1 - "House of the Lord"


I woke up this morning with the words to a song Phil Wickham sings called "House of the Lord" and was so blessed. I prayed before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for pastors. Some cancelled church services due to bad weather. Others cancelled due to COVID being so rampant in their church. I prayed for those gong through 'tough' days with physical issues along with family issues. This morning this song reminds me of how we all need to be as we go to church. Joyful. No matter what is happening in life we need to allow God to restore our joy. This is not easy in our humanness but it will come naturally when we allow God to be in control of our lives. 

There's joy
In the house of the Lord
There's joy in the house of the Lord today
And we won't be quiet
We shout out
Your praise
There's joy in the house of the Lord
Our God is surely in this place
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise


Wickham wrote of this song: Over the past 12 months I've learned in a deeper way than ever that though happiness comes and goes in Jesus I can always have joy. Cause though happiness is based on circumstances, joy is rooted in identity. It's based on who God says we are! Though we were once beggars, in Jesus we are royalty. Praise His Holy Name! Our circumstances do not have to define us. We do not have to allow them to take our joy. Instead we need to press into the Lord and allow Him to be our Joy. There will be many pastors and many lay people walk in church doors today who are going through 'tough' days. There will be many who are ready to give up on life. I pray they will receive His joy in a mighty way through the service they are in today. Some will watch services on-line. I pray they will receive His joy. Nothing is greater than God's love. No matter what the enemy tries to tell us God has a plan for our lives. In my little world the rain is falling heavily. The weather will keep people away from church services which is a shame. God desires us to be in communion with others. He desires us to have fellowship with one another to encourage our hearts. COVID has taken away so much from church bodies. I truly believe the enemy is working double time with it. That means we, as believers, need to work even harder to be who God desires us to be. David wrote Psalm 122 with a grateful heart to be in Jerusalem. He praised God for having him where He desired him to be. We need to do the same. We also need to intercede as verse eight reads. I intercede for the sake of my family and friends who dwell there, that they may all live in peace. Peace is something many are not experiencing in life. It is possible when we allow God to be Who He desires to be in our lives. Peace in the midst of the storms of life is possible when He is in charge. Peace is a wonderful place to live.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the ones You will give me in the day ahead! Thank You for Kayla, Darrel, and John inviting me over last night! What a fun evening! Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday and the way You continue to give me exactly what I need on this road of grief! I pray You will continue to be with Anna, Michael, and Matt as we do life without my Rickey with us. May You be greater than the hurts of life. I pray the same for so many going through 'tough' days. My heart breaks for Amy with Baby Scottie being sick and for the Weber family with Little Henry awaiting surgery. May both of these families have Your peace. Thank You for Dan and Zane visiting my Momma yesterday! May Your peace come down over all going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID themselves and/or family members. I pray for Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Oh Lord, be so close to this family. So, so many hurting situations. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.

No comments: