Thursday, January 13, 2022

Psalm 32:11 - "Goodness of God"

"Pray 'till you agonize over the souls of man!" These are words Doc wrote in the front of his preaching Bible. I shared them last night in our Bible study group as we studied the parable of the ten virgins. This parable shows us how we need to be ready at all time for our last breathe on this earth. We never know when Jesus will return or call us home. It is comforting to know our loved ones who have gone on are with Him. But it also is disheartening knowing we have loved ones who refuse Him. What do we do about it? How can we change their hearts? We cannot do anything in our own power but in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. He will direct our words and our actions to show them His love. He will soften their hearts to prepare them for the right time for Him to be presented to them. Waiting is hard yet it is something we all must do. It was interesting to read in Barclay's commentary about this parable. He said oil is recognized as a type of the Holy Spirit in both the Old and New Testament. He continues for us to be ready we must be filled with the Holy Spirit just as in this parable the ten virgins needed to have their lamps full. It is key to note in this parable the five wise virgins were prepared with not only their lamps but jars of oil. They were ready. This morning I am asking myself how I can be more ready. Not only how can I be more ready myself but what can I do to make sure others are more ready. I don't want anyone to spend eternity in hell. I want everyone to experience eternal life with Christ. My heart breaks for those who will not accept Him into their heart. They are more miserable because they do not have His peace. They make blatant mistakes because they do not have His wisdom. They hurt deeply because they do not have His love to be the soothing balm they need. It saddens my heart. I pray. I seek God's direction on how I can make an impact on their lives. I will forever ponder on Doc's words I read, "Pray 'till you agonize over the souls of man!" I will continue to pray and seek His will. I desire for all to celebrate the "Goodness of God" and be able to sing these words with meaning...

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

He is faithful at all time. He is with us as we allow Him to be. He desires to love on us in ways no one else can. All we have to do is accept Him into our heart and allow Him to be Who He desires to be so we can be who He desires us to be. I am so thankful for the short time I had with my Rickey. We had some deep conversations about death. At the time I did not think anything about it but now looking back on those conversations I see God was working to prepare him. His death was not what we were expecting but God knew it was his time to be called home. I am so thankful his home is with the Lord.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Bible study last night, Doc's words written in the front of his preaching Bible that remind me to not give up praying for lost souls, for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love, and for the way You will use me in the day ahead! Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we are on this journey of grief! May You be so real to each one of us. Thank You for loving on us so greatly! Lord, I pray for Your love to come down upon many who are having 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID themselves and/or family members. I pray for Duane who is having surgery this morning and for Baby Henry who is awaiting surgery. I pray their families will sense Your presence.  Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through me. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: