Thursday, January 20, 2022

Psalm 61 - "My Story"


This morning God spoke to my friend Kim as she prayed for me. He gave her Isaiah 61 for me. This Scripture was given to me in the fall of 2015 when God spoke to me about how I was going to tell my story in the days ahead. He diid not give me details but instead said, "Daughter, you will receive My direction soon." I try to live out my faith every day but I know I need to get better at doing so. I interweave my story into many conversations. My life has been challenging but blessed. It has included: sexual abuse as a child, divorce, diagnosis of MS, diagnosis of breast cancer, death of my Daddy, Doc, and my Rickey. I can relate to many people through these experiences. Most of all I can share God's love with them to help them find peace in life so they can tell their story. God desires to love on us through 'tough' days. He desires to speak to us and then watch us walk in obedience to Him. Kim wrote, "As I prayed for you this morning, renew, restore and beauty for ashes came to my mind and heart. Isaiah 61" Woo hoo! As I read these first few verses of Isaiah 61 I see things I need to continue to do in life. First I need to ask God to cleanse me each day so I can receive what He has in store for me. Secondly, I need to proclaim good news (vs 1) to all I meet. As I do people's lives will be changed. Thirdly, I need to live as verse three describes as being a Mighty Oak of Righteousness, planted by Yehweh as a living display of His glory (TPT). The oak tree is strong. I need to lean into His strength so I can be strong too. The way I can have is strength is by keeping my focus on Him. I need to be intentional to allow Him to turn beauty for ashes...joy for mourning...praise for despair. I don't know what God has ahead but He knows and that is all that matters. I look forward to seeing where He leads me and who He leads me to. I know He has a plan. I also know He is with me and loving on me continually. There are days where it is tougher to put one foot in front of the other but I continue on because that is what He desires me to do. I also know it is what my Daddy, Doc, and Rickey would want me to do. They each encouraged me to not allow MS to take over. On days where I just wanted to stay in bed I can still hear my Daddy say, "Now Sheila Babe, it's ok to rest but you can't stay there. You have to move so the MS doesn't win." My reply would be that I knew that but some days were harder than others. He would always tell me I was not alone. Praise God for my earthly Daddy who loved me greatly and for my Heavenly Daddy who loves me more than I can imagine. I am reminded of a song Big Daddy Weave sings called "My Story" and am so grateful I can sing it knowing it to be the truth.

If I told you my story
You would hear Hope that wouldn't let go
And if I told you my story
You would hear Love that never gave up
And if I told you my story
You would hear Life, but it wasn't mine

If I should speak then let it be
Of the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my friend Kim who shared with me Psalm 61 this morning! I desire to be like the mighty oak that stands in Your strength for Your glory. Lord, I pray a cleansing in my spirit so I can live as You desire me to live. I pray people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray Marion goes to PT easily today but if that is not the case then give me Your love and wisdom in abundance with her. I pray for Noel who is having heart surgery right now. May You guide the doctor's hands and give them Your wisdom. I pray for Baby Henry who had heart surgery this week and continues to do well. I pray wisdom for the doctors for his care. I pray for a dear friend who is going through a tough time with her son's health issues. Lord, be so near to all. I pray the same for so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; Kristen Batten; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Ms. Savon; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; Betty's friend in New York' and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. I pray for Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Oh Lord, be so close to this family. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for continuing to be what Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this journey of grief! Some days are just harder than others but may we all bask in the good memories we have of my Rickey. Thank You for being My Story! Amen.

No comments: