Friday, January 14, 2022

Psalm 5:3 - "Great Expectations"


It is a new day. Yesterday is past and tomorrow is yet to be. Today will be what I make it to be. I can either choose to allow God to be in charge or I can choose to give the enemy an open door. The choices I make today will have an eternal impact on not only myself but upon others as well. I know what is on the calendar but I do not know what God has in store for me. Yesterday was a 'tough' day with Marion but I cannot dwell on that. Today there are some things ahead the enemy could put fear upon me over but I cannot dwell on that. I love the words David penned in Psalm 5:3. It reads in the New International Version: In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Expectantly is a great way to live. I love the words to a song Steven Curtis Chapman sings called "Great Expectations." 

Believe the unbelievable
Receive the inconceivable
And see beyond my wildest imagination
Lord, I come with great expectations

So wake the hope that slumbers in my soul
Stir the fire inside and make it glow
I'm trustin' in a love that has no end
The Savior of this world has called me friend
And I, I've been invited with the Son
Oh I, I've been invited to come and

Yes! I am expecting great things from God! I am expecting continued healing in my grief. I am expecting wisdom with decisions with church issues. I am expecting to go deeper in my faith as I seek Him will. Plain and simple. I am expecting. Woo hoo! Not only am I expecting but I refuse to fret over things in life. In The Message Psalm 5:3 reads, Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend. I need to lay all that is happening in my life on the altar and walk away. God will take care of each and every detail in His time. I cannot fret over the 'what ifs' or if I made right decisions. I must allow God to be Who He desires to be in my life so I can be who He desires of me to be. As long as I stay focused on Him I will make decisions He desires. I also will be blessed with His wisdom, joy, and peace. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder from Psalm 5:3 today to allow You to be in charge of the day ahead! Thank You for loving me so greatly and getting me through the 'tough' time yesterday with Marion! My heart breaks for her as she deals with pain. The tears in her eyes as I prayed with her blessed me in abundance. Thank You for her friendship! Thank You for encouraging me to look toward the day ahead and allow You to work in and through me! Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself on this road of grief! It hurts to not have my Rickey to talk to. Sometimes the hurt is so painful the tears fall. I am thankful when You bring memories to my mind of our time together. Thank You Father for all of the memories we made! Thank You for continuing to give us exactly what we need to get through the 'tough' days! I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days for a variety of reasons. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID themselves and/or family members. I pray for Baby Henry who is awaiting surgery. I pray his family will sense Your presence.  Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout the day ahead. Thank You for being My Great Expectation! Amen.

No comments: