Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Ecclesiastes 3 - "Thank You for Giving To The Lord"

I woke up this morning thinking about a text I received yesterday from my friend Sharon. The tears flowed as I read it. Thankfully they were not 'ugly' tears but they were tears of thankfulness. I was thankful for the words themselves and I was thankful for the knowledge my Rickey is spending eternal life in heaven. I am so grateful God put us together even though it was for only a short time. She wrote:

God laid this song on my heart to remind you that you were the positive Godly figure Rickey needed in his life. As you know and you have preached many time God knows all and sees all. He knew before you or Ricky what would happen and what wouldn’t happen. He knew the right woman to place in Ricky’s life at the right time and place. You were there as a lighthouse in a sea that needed peace and the love of Jesus. No doubt that Ricky felt that and felt the love you have for him. Yes the love is still there and with the love Ricky put in your heart and the strength that God empowers upon you you will make it through. You’ll get through this. It won’t be painless. It won’t be quick. But God will use this for good. But don’t despair either. With God's help you’ll get through this. No doubt in my mind that Ricky is in the heavens singing this song to Jesus thanking him for you for what you gave and what you’re showing through Jesus to Ricky. Be proud of what you have given to him and what you will continue to give to others. Very few women are blessed as you happen to have three men love you more than anything in the world. But more importantly Sheila they showed you how they feel and they are proud that they were able to do so. 

She attached the song "Thank You for Giving To The Lord" which blesses me in abundance.

Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am a life that was changed
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave

We may never know the impact we make on people. We may never know how deep the words we say are taken or how much what people see us do impacts them. But we do need to make sure we are loving with God's love at all time. We need to make a difference in people's spiritual lives so they can spend eternity with the Lord. I was sharing with Ross and Mary yesterday how the same words I heard from Doc when he was getting near the end of his time on earth I also heard from Rickey during one of our 'life/death' conversations. 'I'm not afraid to die. I know where I'm going. But I don't want to die. I have so much to do.' As I think about those conversations they do not surprise me with Doc because of the cancer. It does surprise me with Rickey because he was healthy until the COVID hit. They should not surprise me because God orchestrated every moment of our time together. God had a purpose and that purpose was fulfilled through such conversations. I am so thankful for those conversations and for the healing that occurred in me through Rickey. I am thankful for the memories we made in such a short time. I thankful for the way God used him in my life and me in his life. Plain and simple. I am thankful. As I go throughout the day ahead I pray God will use me and be glorified in my words and actions. Doc has left this earth. Rickey has left this earth. I am still here. Therefore, I need to live as God desires loving on people He puts before me. I am thankful for the words of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 that remind me of this.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Sharon's words and the song You gave her for me! Thank You for my visit with Ross and Mary! Thank You for being with Kaye as she had surgery yesterday and for being with her in the days of recuperation ahead! Thank You for Matt continuing to heal from his shoulder surgery! I pray continued healing for Anna, Michael, Matthew, and myself as the grieving journey continues. I pray the same for so many others who have recently lost loved ones. May we all remember to lean into Your strength when the memories bring us to tears. I pray Your strength over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. Father, I also pray for a friend who is undergoing testing for possible mesothelioma. Lord, be so real to her in these days. I pray for the water situation at the church building to be resolved in a timely manner. I pray for Your wisdom as I deal with these days ahead with this issue. I also pray for safe travels today. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow richly from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen. 

No comments: