Saturday, January 15, 2022

John 6:40 - "Come What May"

This picture was taken a few months ago on one of my Rickey's trips to South Carolina. I remember this was one of the times we talked about who God was in our lives. I am thankful God gave me the privilege to share Him with my Rickey. I know it was through such talks that my Rickey came into a closer relationship with God. Praise His Holy Name! The desire of God's heart is for all to be in relationship with Him. It hurts my heart to see people who have not allowed Him into their life. Sometimes it is frustrating to share Him with people only to be rejected. So many times its seems like people get so close to accepting Him and then the enemy moves in and wipes away everything that was in the process. We must never give up. We must never let the enemy win. God is greater and in His time good things will happen. In our humanness it can be hard to wait on God's time but we must. In the waiting time we must be in His Word, praying, and seeking His direction. We must love with His love even when it seems hard to do. I was reminded this morning of what I read in the front of Doc's preaching Bible this week. He wrote, "Pray 'till you agonize over the souls of man!" Yes! This is exactly what all believers need to do. We need to not become complacent but instead need to press on praying and sharing God's love with people. We need to make sure we are living the way God desires so people will see Him in what we do and say. I pray every morning for God to cleanse me. I desire Him to show through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I am thankful I have this relationship with Him. I woke this morning to these words from a song called "Come What May" that We Are Messengers sings...

There is deep joy that You give to me
Where hurt meets the healing is a holy thing
I see goodness, Your goodness
In all things

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus
Come what may

Yes! He is my Rock no matter what is happening in life. Someone asked me this week how I was doing and my reply was 'good.' I have moved from the 'ok' to 'good' and am thankful for every moment of the day God is with me on this journey of grief. I shared with Haydn last night that I am to the point where the tears are not flowing daily but I still am so lonely. She encouraged me greatly with our talk. God continues to put people in my path who love on me so well. He is such a good Heavenly Daddy. The words of Jesus in John 6 are ones that encourage me to not give up on life. They encourage me to not give up doing what I have been placed in Beaufort South Carolina to do and that is to share Jesus' love to all God puts in my path. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the safe travels to the pastor's gathering last night and for Darrell riding with me! Thank You for Haydn encouraging me so greatly! You are such a good Heavenly Daddy and I am so grateful to have You in control of my life. I pray You will continue to guide me especially in these days of grief. I pray the same for Anna, Michael, and Matt as we all adapt to my Rickey being gone. The hurt is real and so overwhelming at times. Lord, help us. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray blessings upon our efforts with removing the wreaths at the National Cemetery. I pray I will meet new friends and have opportunity to share You with them. Lord, I pray for so many going through 'tough' days to have someone who will share You with them to encourage them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; Little Ivy; and my friend recently diagnosed with mesothelioma. My heart breaks with so many dealing with COVID themselves and/or family members. I pray for Baby Henry who is awaiting surgery. I pray his families will sense Your presence. I pray for Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Oh Lord, be so close to this family. So, so many hurting situations. Thank You for being My Rock! Amen.

No comments: