Sunday, October 27, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Yes, I Will"


I had not been asleep long before God woke me to pray my normal Saturday night time for pastors. He had me pray especially for their families. Sometimes the demands of ministry can be trying on families. There are family events missed, postponed, etc. that can be taxing on the family unit. As I was praying I thought about how even though there are many times that pull a pastor away from their family there are many 'parsonage' kids who go into ministry. The key is having balance and showing not only the 'bad' parts of ministry but more importantly showing the 'good' parts of it. Raising children in a 'parsonage' setting can be enriching. They can see how blessed it is to not only live a life of a servant but most importantly live a life sold-out to Christ. My prayers included...
  • parents of prodigal children to not give up believing and praying for their children.
  • pastors families who are in turmoil with one of the parents suffering with cancer. As I prayed this prayer, Doc's moaning prompted me to pray for a healing in not only his body but in the body of other pastors who are dealing with cancer. It also prompted me to pray for Steve and his family with Peggy's final days.
  • Jay and his family as he recuperates from another knee surgery
  • a pastor who has been out of the pulpit for awhile and seeking God's will.
  • 'young' pastors in ministry who are just starting out to seek His will and not get caught up in the trap of people pleasing.
  • women pastors who feel 'put down' or not accepted in ministry to realize God has called them and that is all that matters. I prayed they would not become so defensive that His light would be snuffed out of their witness.
  • pastors who have not been shown appreciation for Pastor Appreciation Month to not allow their hurt to cause them to sin through words, actions, or their attitude.
  • pastoral families who are struggling financially to seek His will and give Him control over their 'checkbook' along with seeking Him before making purchases.
  • pastors to preach boldly what God has given them; to be willing to let Him change their sermon if He chose; and to have open hearts in the people to accept what He gives them to preach.
God had Yes, I Will going through my mind again during the night and again this morning. I guess I need to praise Him more since He keeps giving it to me. I try to live a life with praises on my lips. This week has been a 'tough' one with getting back from a week away and trying to get caught up; Doc's chemo being so hard; me being sick; loss of income; etc. But I will praise Him because today is Sunday! It is not only a day where I get to gather with my church family but I get to preach! Earlier in the week God gave me a sermon and I asked Doc if I could preach. He was hesitant because of being away last week but decided I could. I'm sure he is grateful he did since he has been so sick from the chemo this week. Before he gave me the OK I told him if he said 'no' I would just have to find another church to preach in because I was excited to share what God had given me...LOL. I love to preach but I don't like him being sick which gives me the opportunity to do it. I love how God knew I would preach this week before we knew. He also knew what was going to happen between Wednesday and Sunday with me being sick and the Outreach so He gave me the sermon before. Woo hoo, God! His timing is the best timing! Even when we can't understand it! As I prayed during the night, I asked God to give Doc strength to be in church this morning. I also asked that I would glorify Him through what He gave me to share and for people to have open hearts to it. These words are ones we all need to remember as we go through the 'tough' days of life...

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

Yes, I Will! I will praise Him through the 'good' days as well as the 'tough' days! I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and be empowered to do whatever He puts before me! I will allow Him to work in and through me in miraculous ways! I love my prayer communication with Him. My heart hurts for some of the requests that come my way. These last couple of days have been some heavy praying ones. Little Richie being so sick and being admitted to the hospital; Little Finn have broken bones that had not been detected; Peggy getting closer to leaving this earth; Kristen's aunt who has lost another daughter to a sudden death; Toby Mac's family with the sudden loss of his 21 year old son; and then this morning a husband who is walking away from a marriage of twenty plus years. I am thankful for God using me as a prayer warrior to be an intercessor. There are times when we all get to the point where we don't know how to pray for situations. There are no words. But God provides us with people in our lives who will pray for us. I'm privileged to pray for many but I also am privileged knowing when I get to that point in my own life I have people to call upon to pray for me. Even when I get to that point, I must remember to praise God because He always provides exactly what I need. Sometimes even before I realize it is needed.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another Saturday night of praying for pastors! Thank You for loving me so much that You use me in intercessory for others! Thank You for empowering me through the 'tough' days! Thank You for working in and through me to strengthen not only my faith but many others! Father, today is a new day. I am excited to get to preach. I pray Doc will be able to go today. I also pray You will cleanse me so You can flow out of my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day! May You bless my prayers from last night and this morning for so many people. All pastors including myself, Doc, Steve, Jay; Little Richie; Little Finn; Kristen; the couple whose marriage is crumbling; and so many others. May You be greater than the 'tough' times people are going through. May they draw closer to You and be empowered by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for last night's Outreach where people saw Your love through us! Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: