Sunday, October 20, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Reason"


I wondered if God would wake me to pray during the night with as exhausted as I was so I prayed an extended time before going to sleep. He had me pray for pastors to preach what He had given them for the day. He had me pray specifically for some pastors who were wrestling with what He gave them to preach. Some argued with Him because they did not want to 'step on toes' with the sermon. He told me to pray for them to realize He was going before them and preparing hearts. He also told me to pray for ones who would receive backlash from people who refused to allow Him to prepare their hearts. The first time He woke me He had me praying for pastors who were not showered with love for Pastor Appreciation month to allow Him to heal their hurts. The second time He woke me to pray it was for pastors going through difficult times themselves or with loved ones with physical issues. The third time He woke me to pray it was for pastors struggling with the call on their life to be in ministry. Some struggles are due to people's attitudes, some are due to financial struggles, and some are due to the enemy playing havoc in their lives. He told me to pray for all of them to lean into Him for His wisdom and direction. I love my Saturday nights of praying for pastors. This morning God woke me with the song Reason. These words can be applied to many lives but especially many pastors lives...

He put that hunger in your heart
He put that fire in your soul
His love is the reason
To keep on believing
When you feel like giving up
When you feel like giving in
His love is the reason
To keep on believing
It's the reason
It's the reason
His love is the reason

He's the peace in the madness
That you can't explain
He's the hope in the heartbreak
The rest in the suffering
He's closer than the air you breathe
From the start to the end to the in between
Don't you dare doubt even for a minute
What He started in you
Yeah, He's gonna finish


Yes! He is the Reason for our existence. He is the Reason we can never give up when the enemy comes knocking. He is the Reason we must dig deeper in our faith and trust Him through tough situations. There are times we feel like we can't go on and then He shows up in a big way and it makes us realize we are not in this life alone. Yesterday when I felt I could not physically 'do' life His strength empowered me to drive five and a half hours. When I felt like there was nothing left in me, He blessed me with a nice jacuzzi bath before going to bed. As I enjoyed the bath, I thought about all the blessings He has showered upon us these last few days and was doubly blessed. He is the Reason for my life and I am so grateful for that! He is the Reason I continue to stand on II Timothy 1:7 for my life!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and especially for the blessing of praying for pastors throughout the night! Thank You for Pastor Brenda who is filling our pulpit today while we have this time away! Thank You for the strength You have empowered Doc and I with for this trip. Father, once again I pray for pastors who were not showered with love for Pastor Appreciation month; pastors going through difficult times themselves or with loved ones with physical issues; and for pastors struggling with the call on their life to be in ministry. May they all lean into You for Your wisdom and direction. Lord, thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me. Thank You for going before me and being my words, actions, and attitude so people will see/hear You instead of me. May You continue to provide strength in us as we travel the final miles home. Thank You Jesus for being My Reason! Amen.

No comments: