Thursday, October 17, 2019

II Tim 1:7; Phil 4:13; II Chron 20:15; Matt 24; Prov 3:5-6 - "I Will Fear No More"


Right before going to bed I had the song I Will Fear No More going through my mind. The tears were close as these words were in my heart...

You're my courage when I worry in the dead of night
You're my strength 'cause I'm not strong enough to win this fight
You are greater than the battle raging in my mind
I will trust You, Lord, I will fear no more


Yesterday I faced an uncomfortable situation from my past that brought up hurtful feelings. I prayed for God to give me grace to forgive the person once again and felt peace yet I still was dealing with the situation. This morning I once again received His peace when these words came to me...
I will lift my eyes, I will lift my cares
Lay them in Your hands, I'll leave them there
When the wind and waves are coming, You shelter me
Even though I'm in the storm, the storm is not in me


Yes! Even though I'm in the storm, the storm is not in me...woo hoo! Doc told me this morning to not allow the person to have control over me. I know that but when being faced with an uncomfortable situation it is sometimes hard to remember. I have been praying for several people who are going through 'storms' right now. I am thankful I have His Word to depend upon. II Timothy 1:7 encourages me to allow His Holy Spirit to empower me. Philippians 4:13 encourages me to allow the Lord to give me His strength. II Chronicles 20:15 encourages me to allow God to fight the battles in my life. I do not know how people get through the 'storms' of life without Him. I was thinking last night about Jesus' teaching in Matthew 24 about end times. He spoke about 'wars and rumors of wars' would happen before His return. I thought about how there are so many wars occurring right now in people's spiritual lives. The enemy is fighting so hard to get believers to turn away from God. We cannot allow that to happen. We must dig deeper into our faith and allow the Holy Spirit to have control of our entire life. We must trust God and not ourselves as Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us. We do not know when our time on this earth will be over nor when He will return. But we do know in order to live eternally with Him we must live on this earth with Him as Our Guide. That is exactly how I desire to live and how I pray more people will desire not only for themselves but for those He puts in their path.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You give me songs and Scripture to encourage me! Thank You for being My Peace after going through the uncomfortable situation yesterday! Thank You for all the ways You bless me such as this trip to Ohio! Thank You for cleansing my spirit today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You!  Father, may You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new, different way. I pray for Doc to feel better today. I also pray for all of those who are dealing with cancer in their bodies. I pray especially for the one who they found something in her breast. May her and her family experience Your strength as they await the test and results. I also pray for Kenny with his parents health issues. May he feel Your strength during these difficult days. I pray for my Momma as she hopes to get her cast off today to experience Your strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: