Sunday, October 6, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 4:11-13 - "Heaven is Counting On You"


Last night was a 'typical' Saturday night. I prayed for pastors before going to sleep, throughout the night, and then again this morning. I love to pray for pastors. I know how challenging the life of a pastor is. I know the hurts and pains of living in the trenches of ministry. I don't think many people realize the importance of praying for their pastor. We are all called to spread the Gospel and love with Christ's love. Some are also called to preach (II Timothy 4:2) and to be overseers (Acts 20:28). Ephesians 4:11-13 reads:

So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

These verses are important for all called into vocational ministry to remember. He gives us what we need to fulfill the direction of these verses. He gives us what we need to equip others so they can fulfill His will. That means we have a great responsibility. It also means we need to stay in close relationship so we can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. If we don't, we will not only fail in our ministry but others will not be led by us in the manner Christ desires. That does not mean we are responsible for their salvation but it does mean we are responsible for our actions. The Lord had me praying throughout the night for pastors who are faltering in their relationship with Him. He had me pray specifically for...

  •  pastors who are looking at numbers, not souls and for the enemy to be "snuffed our of their lives" 
  • the people in pastor's lives to be encouraging instead of tearing them down with their words and actions
  • pastors who will wake up this morning and be told their sermon has changed to listen to Him
  • pastors who will wake up this morning with illness or a family member ill to have His wisdom
  • pastors who are neglecting their family due to ministry constraints to wake up before He allows something 'bad' to happen
  • a pastor friend who is out of the pulpit and now to the point of seeking a church to listen for His direction
  • Doc and two pastor friends who are dealing with cancer along with Steve who continues to deal with Peggy's cancer
  • more pastors to live a II Timothy 1:7 type of life
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the opportunity to pray for pastors throughout the night! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for being who You are in our lives! Father, I pray for Doc to feel better today. I really need him to be with me at church but Father, just as I prayed last night if that is not Your plan then give me what I need to 'do' church without him. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You! I pray for Your supernatural empowerment in me today. I pray for Your words to flow from me so people will hear what You have given me to preach. I pray for those who need to hear this sermon to be present today. Father, I also pray for all the many pastors I prayed for during the night to feel Your presence. I pray they will experience Your presence in a new, different way. I especially pray for my friend seeking a church, Steve, and two pastor friends who are dealing with cancer. Be greater than their problems here on earth. Thank You Jesus for being My Supernatural Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: