Thursday, October 31, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 3 - "Surrounded"


This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 3. As I read it in different translations I settled in The Passion Translation. David wrote this Psalm when he had to flee from the attacks of his son. It is a Psalm that encourages us to "keep on keepin' on" through 'tough' days. It encourages us to run to God and not away from Him. He is always there for us, ready to fight our battles. It reads:

The Humbling of a King

Lord, I have so many enemies, so many who are against me.
Listen to how they whisper their slander against me, saying:
“Look! He’s hopeless! Even God can’t save him from this!”
Pause in his presence

The Help of God

But in the depths of my heart I truly know
that you, Yahweh, have become my Shield;
You take me and surround me with yourself.
Your glory covers me continually.
You lift high my head when I bow low in shame.
I have cried out to you, Yahweh, from your holy presence.
You send me a Father’s help.
Pause in his presence

The Song of Safety

So now I’ll lie down and sleep like a baby—
then I’ll awake in safety, for you surround me with your glory.
Even though dark powers prowl around me,
I won’t be afraid.

The Secret of Strength

I simply cry out to you:
“Rise up and help me, Lord! Come and save me!”
And you will slap them in the face,
breaking the power of their words to harm me.
My true hero comes to my rescue,
for the Lord alone is my Savior.
What a feast of favor and bliss he gives his people!
Pause in his presence
Yes! I love how David realized the importance to Pause in his presence. That is key for every day of our life but especially when we are going through battles. Last night in Bible study we were reminded that when we are talking we cannot be listening. This is especially important to remember when praying. We cannot hear what God has to say if we are speaking ourselves. We need to Pause in his presence just as David did. First, we need to be in relationship with Him where we can hear Him. Second, we need to listen to Him. Third, we need to walk in obedience to Him. It may not be the easiest way to live in the beginning but it doesn't take long before it becomes a way of life. It is the best way to live. David shares in Psalm 3 God is our help, our safety, and our strength. He desires to be all He can be for us. We just have to desire to allow Him to be all these things.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from this song and Psalm 3 this morning! Thank You for fighting my battles every day! Thank You for being who You desire to be in my life! Thank You for not only listening to my prayers but speaking to me! Father, I know the only way this happens is through Your cleansing of my spirit. May You cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be my help, safety, and strength in a new, different way. May You empower me to be who You desire me to be. Father, I pray for Doc to hear from You for his sermon. I pray You will strengthen his physical body today. I continue to pray for a healing for him. Lord, I pray for many for physical healing but most of all I pray for spiritual healing in their souls. I pray for many who are fighting battles to realize the battles are not there's but yours. All they have to do is allow You to fight them. I pray for people to not just pray to You but to listen to Your response. I pray they will not just hear You but will desire to walk in obedience to You. Lord, there are so many people in my little world who are in relationship with You yet they truly do not know You. I pray they will let go of the 'control' they believe they have and allow You free reign of their lives. I pray for a deeper walk with You myself. Take my faith to a new level, Lord. Whatever it takes. Strengthen my spiritual soul and ooze out of me more than ever before. Empower me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 more. Thank You Jesus for being My True Hero! Amen.

No comments: