Monday, October 21, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Till I Found You"

 

I woke up this morning to these words from Till I Found You going through my mind...

I never knew anything lasts forever
Till I found You, till I found You
I never dreamed anything could be better
Till I found You, till I found You

You rewrited my story
And I'm brand new like the morning
Oh I never knew anything lasts forever
Till I found You
Till I, till I found You
Yes! Life is definitely different after you find the Lord. There is another huge change that happens when You give everything to Him and allow Him to be in control over every aspect of your life. I was reminded of this yesterday as we took on walking up a mountain to see a waterfall. I did not do that on my own strength but on His. The same goes with Doc. We walked it a few years back but that was before breast or pancreatic cancer. Mordecei was not with us when we walked it before so it was his first time for the accomplishment. Even though it was only 1.4 miles there were steep places we walked that were difficult. But we didn't do it. God did. It was His strength that enabled us to accomplish the walk. It was His strength that empowered us to not only walk it but enjoy it. It took us a lot longer than most with having many breaks along the way but we did it. Woo hoo! This could not have been accomplished if we would have never surrendered our entire beings to the Lord. It would have never been accomplished if we were not living a II Timothy 1:7 type of life. This morning I am praying for some going through difficult days with: health issues in themselves and/or family members; transitions to new jobs or looking for employment; marital issues; transitions to the death of a spouse; transitions in moving; and some with prodigal children. My God is still in the miracle making business and I believe He will provide miracles in His time. It is going to take a miracle for me to get through this day...lol. Seriously though, I will depend upon His strength greatly to not just get through the day but to enjoy it in the process.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the miles we traveled safely this last week! Thank You for the physical strength You provided to both of us! Thank You for the memories Doc and I made! Thank You for time with family and friends! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Lord, cleanse me this morning so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. This morning I am praying for some going through difficult days with: health issues in themselves and/or family members (Doc, Steve, Steve, Sharon, one with something found in her breast, one with a back injury, my Momma as her wrist continues to heal, Dale, Maxine, one on chemo); transitions to new jobs or looking for employment (Sandy and two others); marital issues; transitions to the death of a spouse (Jim, Patty, Shirley); transitions in moving (Will); and some with prodigal children. Lord, may You be greater than the obstacles that come their way today. May You be their strength and empowerment to push through this day. I pray the same for myself as I'm physically wore out. Lord, I am so grateful to have You rewriting my story! Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Savior and Sanctifier! Amen.

No comments: