Saturday, October 12, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Phil 4:13; James 1:2-3; Eph 6 - "Rescue"


I woke up in the middle of the night with Lauren Daigle's song Rescue going through my mind. This song was written to be a comfort to those going through tough days. Daigle wrote:

Daigle told Billboard that "Rescue" is the most personal song on the album, explaining, "It was written for someone very close to me who was going through a difficult time. I wanted something that would comfort them in their time of need. That's the purpose of the song, to give hope to people who feel lost...the landscape is synonymous to the depth of healing that can take place where you feel void or empty. When hope arrives in such an expansive way it can rescue you."

I love the way this song is described. It is to give hope. "...the landscape is synonymous to the depth of healing that can take place where you feel void or empty." When you need a physical, mental, emotional, financial, or spiritual healing, you can be so far down in your spirit that you sometimes can no longer feel hopeful. Hope is always there because God is always there. But there are times where you question if He is still hearing your prayers. There are times when life becomes so overwhelming you wonder if you are on the right track. 'Does He still love you? Does He still care? Did you do something wrong that makes Him make you suffer so greatly? Will life ever go back to normal?' These are all questions that come into your mind but we must always remember that His love never leaves us. He does not make us suffer but He will use 'tough' times to teach us and to draw us closer in relationship with Him. The more we stand on II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; and James 1:2-3, the more we will feel His presence in our life. The more we feel His presence the more of His peace we will experience in the 'tough' days. I desire more of Him. I desire more of His love and joy. I desire to experience more of His peace. Therefore, I will be more intentional in standing on His Word. These words speak volumes to me...

I will send out an army
To find You in the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching
To reach you in the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

He will go to great lengths to Rescue us. He will knock down the enemy over and over again when we are in the fight for our life. We just need to give Him control to do so. We need to put on our Ephesians 6 armor every day and remember He is with us, we are never alone. When we feel like we can't go on, we need to remember we do not have to do anything on our own strength but can depend upon His strength every moment of the day. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song that encourages me so greatly! Thank You for Your Word that encourages me to lean more into You! Father, the only way I can get through this day is by You cleansing me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. Oh Father, I need more of You. I'm physically and emotionally drained but I know Your strength is mine. I know I am not alone. There are many on my prayer list feeling drained. Lord, speak life to them today so they can realize You are the answer. Encourage them through people's words and actions today in a new, different way. I pray for opportunities to share Your love today. Open doors that need opened and close those that need closed. May You be greater than the 'junk' that comes my way today. May You be greater than the physical and emotional hurts I have. May You be greater than the after effects of chemo in Doc's body. Plain and simple, Lord. May You be greater. Thank You for being The One to Rescue Me! Amen.


No comments: