Wednesday, October 30, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Ecclesiastes 3 - "Yes, I Will"


At 12:37AM the Lord woke me to pray for Steve and Peggy. She is getting closer to taking her last breathe on this earth. Her and her family are going through tough days. There are bittersweet emotions happening. When you know someone is a believer, it is easier to accept their death because you know it is not 'goodbye' but 'see you soon.' You are grateful they are no longer suffering but yet there is a void in your heart when they leave. My heart goes out to those who are going through such days. This week Kathy with the loss of her sister and Kenny with the loss of his father. In the last few months Jim, Shirley, and Renee have lost spouses. Many others have lost family members. Death is as much a part of life as birth. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us there is A time to be born, and a time to die...A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance... These times are all part of life. They can also be 'tough' times. We have a choice to make when going through such times. We can either lean harder into the Lord and allow Him to deepen our faith or we can turn from Him. My prayer is for all to lean more into Him. When we lean more into Him, we receive His peace and His strength in an explainable way. I remember when my Daddy died I was saddened to know I would never hear His voice again nor would I ever have another hug from him. But in the midst of sadness there was a peace in knowing where he was going and there he would have a new body. When we are faced with a loved one with cancer, there are many thoughts that go through our mind. Will they die from this? Will God heal them while they are on this earth? How long will they be with me? How will I live without them? The list goes on and on. When the diagnosis is first learned, there are many emotions that come crashing down upon you. It takes awhile for God to help you sort them out. It is an emotional roller coaster throughout such a diagnosis. Sadness, anger, anticipation, joy, peace, fear, etc. But no matter what emotion that is experienced it is important to remember God is always with you no matter what. I don't like seeing Doc suffer from the effects of chemo. I don't want him to die. I continue to pray for a miraculous healing in his body. I will never give up praying for that to happen. But I don't know God's plan. I don't know if or when he will be healed. I don't know if he will be healed on this earth or through death. But I do know I will continue to pray for him to not die. Some may say that is a selfish prayer and maybe it is. Some may say I need to be stronger in my faith and believe God will heal him on this earth. I desire to go deeper in my faith and I know trials will take me there. I also desire to live with God directing my life and I know the only way for that to happen is to walk in obedience. I do not have anything to fear because the Holy Spirit is my Guide. No matter what happens in life, He is with me. I will continue to stand on II Timothy 1:7 and live in His love. I will not be fearful of the future but instead live with Hope. No matter how many days we have left on this earth each day needs lived to its fullest. None of us ever know when our last breathe will be taken. None know when our last word will be spoken. None know when the last chance to show God's love will be. Therefore, we need to make the most of every opportunity put before us. We need to make amends with those we are at odds with; love everyone with His love; make sure we are prayed up; and have our affairs in order so we don't leave a mess for our loved ones. When one is faced with a diagnosis that could be life threatening, it makes you realize time is short on this earth. But everyone should realize that even if they do not have such a diagnosis. The two ladies killed this week in a car accident did not know they would be leaving this earth. The couple last week with the baby born who lived only a couple hours did not know they would not be taking their baby home. We just never know. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for Peggy and Steve during the night. May You continue to be Steve's strength. Thank You for the privilege to pray for many who have lost loved ones. Kathy; Kenny; Jim; Shirley; Renee; Debbie; Joey; the family of the two ladies in the car accident; the family of the newborn last week; Kristen with the sudden death of her niece; and Gay's family as today is the anniversary of Little Joey's death. Thank You for the reminder that we never know when our last breathe on this earth will be. Father, I pray for Doc to have a healing on this earth. I pray for him to have a better day today. Thank You for the strength You provided him to drive the van and teach the teens last night. Lord, thank You for the strength You provided me in my emotional being as I dealt with the MS tingling in my face and head all day yesterday. I pray the same for today as it continues. Thank You for the answers to prayers with the lady with a lump in her breast getting the results of no cancer and Little Richie's tests showing no cancer. Lord, continue to be with all who are struggling with disease in their physical bodies to lean more into You. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May You be my words, actions, and attitude today in a new, different way. May You direct me to those who You desire me to love on with Your love and may I follow that direction with an obedient heart. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: