Friday, October 18, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Rescue"


Yesterday was such a fun day spending time with friends and family. What a blessing to have this time to do such things. By the end of the day I felt like I was going to fall over asleep but it was a 'good' tired. It also was a blessing for my Momma to get her cast off. The day ahead holds time with family with getting to see Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya and then Haley and Tim's wedding. God is so good at providing this time for us. Woo hoo! Yesterday I was thinking about people who do not have family around them and some who don't have any family at all. Some don't have close friends to visit and laugh with. There are so many lonely people in this world. There are times when I long to be with family but at least I know I will visit with them at some point in time. There are times when I long for days gone by with friends and family but then God reminds me He has me right where I belong. In His will. Doing what He has called me to do. When I have days like this week with making new memories, I will hold them in my heart. I will treasure them and reflect on them when the lonely days come. I will not be mad at God for taking me away from my family and friends but instead will thank Him for giving me new friends and for giving me times like these days with my family. It's always hard when we come to Ohio because there is never enough time to see everyone or do everything we would like. But I am thankful for that which is accomplished. I am thankful in the midst of Doc's battle with the cancer we were able to make this trip. The words to a song Lauren Daigle sings are in my heart this morning...

I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of the darkest…
Night, it’s true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching
To reach you in the middle of the hardest…
Fight, it’s true, I will rescue you

Yes! He rescued us many years ago when we turned away from Him. He has rescued us many times when we went through hard 'fights' such as my breast cancer and now the cancer in Doc's pancreas. The fight we are in right now is very real but we do not have to be afraid of it. Instead we know we are empowered by the Holy Spirit as we stand on II Timothy 1:7. We know we are not in this fight alone. Actually, it is not our fight but His. We also know He gives us people to encourage us. He gives us times away from the doctor appointments, chemo, etc. to encourage us. He loves us so greatly that He takes care of every little detail of our life. He provides in various ways such as lunch out, pies to bring home, money/gift cards, and especially time with friends and family yesterday. Some days are overwhelming with the way He provides. Last night when I heard a hurricane was headed our way, my heart sank. Thankfully when we got on-line and realized it was just a tropical storm I praised God. Another way He showed His protection over us. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and the day ahead today! Thank You for the ways You showered Your love upon us yesterday with time with friends and family! Thank You for my Momma getting her cast off! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me today to overflowing with more of Your love and empowerment! May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day! Father, Doc needs Your supernatural strength to not just get through this day but to enjoy it. I pray he feels better today and knows Your strength is His. I continue to pray for a miraculous healing in his body. Eradicate the cancer from his body. Strengthen him. Give him exactly what he needs throughout this day ahead. Father, I pray for all who are struggling physically to draw closer to You during their illness. I pray for those who are struggling with family member's health, financial issues, and relationship issues to also draw closer to You. Most of all I pray for all with spiritual needs to have an open heart to You. Thank You Father for being The One to Rescue Me! Amen.

No comments: