Saturday, October 26, 2019

II Tim 1:7; II Cor 1:3-4, 4:17; Romans 5:3-4; 8:18; Phil 1:29, 3:10


At 3am the Lord woke me to pray for Doc. The after effects of Wednesday's chemo are hitting him so hard. My heart breaks for him. I wish there was something I could do but I know I need to continue to pray for him and serve him in whatever way I can. I prayed for God to eradicate all cancer from his body. I prayed for wisdom for both us and the doctors. I prayed for others who are dealing with cancer and/or treatments. Our list is so long and with going through it ourselves we know first-hand how hard it can be. I will admit there are times when I think, 'Wasn't it enough for me to go through breast cancer!?!?!' I know our past can be used to bring others into relationship with Christ. I also know I am guilty of thinking I don't want anymore 'tough' life situations to deal with. I'm tired of the fight but then remember it's not my fight. All I have to do is lean into God and trust Him through both the 'normal' days and the 'tough' days. I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and allow His Holy Spirit to work in and through me. During the night when I was lamenting, God brought several scriptures to my mind that Paul wrote for us to learn from...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. II Cor. 1:3-4 NIV
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4 NIV
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18 NIV
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. II Cor. 4:17 NIV
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him. Phil. 1:29 NIV
I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death. Phil. 3:10 NIV
Woo hoo! 
He is My Comforter in days and situations that seem like I can't go on. 
He is My Hope when life seems hopeless. 
He is My Life...yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
He is My Example in how I am to live while on this earth.

God also brought Yes I Will to me during this time of lamenting. 

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our time during the night where You encouraged me through Your Word and through this song! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me today so You can fill me with Your words, attitude, and actions so people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I know what is on the calendar for the day but I don't know what You want accomplished. I pray for an open heart to be ready for what You desire of me. Use me however You so desire. Lord, I continue to pray for cancer to be eradicated from Doc's body along with Dale, Mike, Maxine, two pastor friends, Little Richie, and many others. I pray for ones awaiting results from cancer testing to glorify You through whatever their results show...Lynn and one who had testing for a lump in her breast. I praise You for Sharon being home and doing better. Lord, may You be greater in our lives than the trials that come our way. May we continue to lift you high in the lowest valley! Thank You for being My Comforter! Amen.

No comments: