Wednesday, October 23, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Romans 8:28 - "God's Not Done With You"


I woke up this morning with these words going through my mind...

God's not done with you
Even with your broken heart and your wounds and your scars
God's not done with you
Even when you're lost and it's hard and you've fallen apart

There are days where I wish my life on this earth was over. I get so tired of 'junk' that brings drama into people's lives. My physical body gets to the point where I know I can't take another step and just collapse. Life in heaven will be so much better than life on this earth. But then I am reminded...

He's got a plan, this is part of it
He's gonna finish what He started

Yes! We have to go through the 'tough' days so our faith will be strengthen and taken deeper. But how many 'tough' days have to happen? How many days of uncertainty as you wait on medical testing have to happen? How many times do we have to be put down by others before they will realize we are only trying to love them with God's love? How many times... As many times as it takes until Jesus returns or calls us home. He is the Only One who knows the answers. Today is a new day. 

I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and realize His empowerment to not just get through this day but to thrive in Him. 
I will stand upon Philippians 4:13 in His strength as my physical body is retaliating to moving. 
I will stand upon Romans 8:28 believing He will give me exactly what I need to fulfill His purpose.

Why will I do these things? Because I know God desires me to. I used to think God only desired me to do things that were easy or that made me happy. But all God wants is for me to live a life of holiness. This type of life is one where His love pours out of me. It is a life where I have freedom through Him making all the decisions that come my way. Most of all it is a kind of life where His love is experienced in a deeper level than ever before. I desire to go as deep as God desires to take me. I was a 'Daddy's Girl' with my earthly father and continue to be a 'Daddy's Girl' with my Heavenly Father! When I did wrong, my earthly father still loved me. When I walked away from God as an adult, my Heavenly Father still loved me. God's love is reason enough to keep going on with life and striving to share His love with others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength to not just through yesterday but to enjoy it in the process! Thank You for answered prayers before Activity Night for 'an adjusted attitude' so I would not be crabby in my tiredness! Thank You for the twenty-five Shoeboxes that were packed! Lord, I'm so blessed with our Tuesday night group! Thank You for Rhonda, Carrie and Chris, and Joshua who help us! Thank You for Doc feeling up to being with us last night! Thank You for the way You continue to bless our efforts in this area of ministry. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so You can use me in the way You so desire. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout the day ahead. Lord, I pray for Your strength for both of us as we go to chemo and for tonight's Bible study to be enriching to all. I also pray You will be with: Debbie as she recuperates from back surgery; Little Charlie as they await test results; Momma as she goes to therapy; one with chest pains; Kim's car situation; Will as he continues to get the house ready to sell and Sandy as they are apart; a lady going through testing for a lump in her breast; our church rehab...the work yet to be completed and the finances for it to happen; and many other requests on my heart. Father, most importantly I pray for spiritual needs to be fulfilled. Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen.

No comments: