Friday, October 11, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Prize Worth Fighting For"


The Lord woke me to the words to Prize Worth Fighting For that Jamie Kimmett sings...

The battle rages on 
But Your promise keeps me strong 
I know I'll will win this race 
With Your unfailing grace

Your love is my reward
Your love is my reward

Yes! His love is my reward! The battle Doc is fighting with pancreatic cancer is one that we face every day. But 'good' days like yesterday are rewards God gives us for not giving up. He encourages us with such days. Our '30 things to do before our 30th' had to be changed to '30 thing to do for our 30th' and that's ok. Yesterday we marked another one off the list. In the most gorgeous 'fall' weather we drove a couple counties over to see the cotton fields. We saw some that had been exfoliated ready to pick and some that had not gone through that process. A bonus was seeing the peanuts being harvested. After seeing them we had lunch at a southern cooking restaurant and even found one of our favorite stores, Ollies. Doc was so tired by the end of the day but it was a 'good' tired. God is so good. No one knows how long they will have on this earth but when you are battling cancer it becomes a reality that time is short. We continue to pray for a miracle of healing in his body. We do not know if that will happen on this earth or in heaven but we know God will provide. We also know God will give us exactly what we need to get through the tough days. Yesterday was an example of how He provides. We also know His provision will be better known as we lean more into Him. We have nothing to fear. All we have to do is stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in knowing His empowerment will see us through each and every day. His physical strength will be experienced when ours is gone. His emotional strength will be ours when the tears won't stop. His financial strength will be ours as we make decisions. His mental strength will be ours as we lean into His wisdom. His love will reward us as we live a life sold out to Him. Oh how I pray for more people to realize this type of life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings we experienced yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the anticipation of seeing family next week! Thank You for Doc having a 'good' day yesterday! I pray You will give him another 'good' one today. I pray for more of You and less of us. Cleanse our spirits so that can be filled with more of You. Lord, I don't understand why I'm so physically tired this week. I've had my nine to ten hours of sleep and less things on the calendar. It doesn't make sense but I know You know what is going on. I pray You will empower me through the day ahead. I know You will keep me sharp so I won't miss any opportunity You put before me. May all I meet today see/hear Your love through me. I continue to pray for many who are dealing with physical issues but most importantly I pray for those with spiritual issues. May more people come into a pure relationship with You! Thank You Jesus for being My Reward! Amen.

No comments: