Tuesday, July 9, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Resurrecting"


I saw a picture on Facebook yesterday that said, "I will fear nothing because nothing is greater than my God." Yes! I cannot allow fear to come into my life. I must stand on II Timothy 1:7 that God does not put fear in me. Instead He empowers me to walk in His presence. The words to "Resurrecting" went through my mind at 4AM when Mordecei went out and the deer was eating an early breakfast...

Your Name, Your Name Is Victory All praise will rise To Christ our King The fear that held us now gives way To Him Who is our peace His final breath upon the cross Is now alive in me

All we have to say is "Jesus" when something tries to bring fear into our life. Whether it be something like a deer or something like pancreatic cancer. It does not matter what it is. Just saying His name gives peace. His name is powerful. It is soothing. It is empowering. Woo hoo! One word yet so much power. When we do not know what to say, all we have to utter is His name. When we are at the end of our humanness, His name will take over. As we say His name, we are reminded of Who He is in our life. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of how saying Your name can change our circumstances. Thank You for giving me the physical strength to get through yesterday! Today is a new day but I feel like I never slept even though I did. My physical body is drained. I pray for Your supernatural empowerment in me today. I pray for this cough to stop. I pray for my spiritual self to be greater than my physical self. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Doc to feel Your empowerment today to as he is anxious over the chemo treatment tomorrow. I pray for Your clarity as I study for tomorrow night's group. Lord, You are so awesome in all the ways You love on us and encourage us. Thank You for our friend who gave Doc money last night. Little did he know how tired I was and that provided supper for us so I wouldn't have to cook after board meeting. Just another way You are blessing us, Father. I pray for Debbie who is having knee replacement surgery today. I also pray for another friend who is having a procedure tomorrow. Thank You Jesus for being Our Peace! Amen.

No comments: