Monday, July 1, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 22:36-40 - "Yes I Will"


Yesterday and again this morning the words to "Yes I Will" have been on my mind. It is a great reminder that God knew I needed.

I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
Is working all things out

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

This reminder is one that I need to keep close to in the 'waiting room' with Doc's disease. God is going to heal him on this earth. Since yesterday morning my prayers for this to happen sooner than later have increased tremendously. I don't know how much more his physical body can go through. Oh how I pray for God to preform a miraculously healing sooner than later. I also know I need to keep lifting God up, praising Him, and allowing Him to be my Joy through these tough days. He has never failed me yet and I know He will not start now. I am standing on II Timothy 1:7 with the knowledge that He is not the One to put fear in my heart but instead puts love, empowerment, and the desire to walk as Christ-like as I can. Yesterday when I preached on Matthew 22:36-40 I said it is for all of us. Jesus did not say it was just for His disciples. We need to apply these commandments to our own lives today. The only way I can be Christ-like is to follow them. I need to...

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Yes! I will love God with my whole being and I will love others with His love. This is the way of life I have chosen. In this way of life, I will stand in His strength. I will bless Him as He blesses me. I will praise Him whether on the mountain or in the valley. I will stand on the knowledge that He is my Healer and He will be Doc's Healer. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that encourages me so much! Thank You for the way You gave Doc strength to get through yesterday and You will not fail Him in doing the same today! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for the privilege to preach yesterday! Thank You for never failing us! Lord, cleanse us so You can fill us. May all who see/hear us today see/hear You. May You be greater than us. Father, once again I am asking for the healing on Doc's body to happen sooner than later. I am praying Your strength over him as we wait. Be so real to both of us in this 'waiting room' that is so difficult to be in. Thank You Jesus for being One That Never Fails Us. Amen.

No comments: